Pediatric Positivty Rate Also Rises In Palm Beach County, Suggesting Spread Among Young.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The just-released COVID-19 positivity rate for Florida on Sunday is a staggering 8.0 percent. That’s the highest in at least a month, and suggests a worsening of conditions despite an increase in inoculations.
(News App readers use this link to access our full report).
At least 2,125,846 people are now infected with COVID-19 in Florida. The death count is now 34,056. At least 87,024 people have been hospitalized.
In Palm Beach County, the positivity rate rose to 6.99 percent — that’s just shy of the 14 day high. At least 126,206 people have tested positive for COVID-19 in Palm Beach County. The death count is an even 2,700 as of mid-day Monday. 6,530 people have been hospitalized in Palm Beach County for COVID-19.
The Pediatric Positivity Rate for Palm Beach County is now 14.5 percent. That’s the highest in months. The Florida Department of Health defines “pediatric” as anyone 18 or under, suggesting a rise in COVID-19 spread among the youngest in Florida.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: New Tropical Wave East Of Florida May Grow
- West Boca, Delray Medical Centers Restrict Visitors
- PALM BEACH SCHOOL TEACHERS: “We’ll Reward Kids Who Wear Masks”
- COVID CRISIS FLORIDA: State Reports Another 16,935 Infections, 140 Deaths
- ARMED ROBBERY OUTSIDE TOWN CENTER MALL: Boca Raton Police Investigate
- UPDATE: Hurricane Center Now Says Two Systems Forming
- LAWSUIT: Don’t Burn The Body! Boca Raton Woman Set For Cremation, Son Says Stop…
- Daniel Porush, “Wolf Of Boca Raton,” Jailed On DUI Charge
- FLORIDA: At Least 40 Children Admitted To Hospitals For COVID On Monday