BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
FORT LAUDERDALE, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Two very difficult days of travel are now giving way to a bit of normalcy at Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport.
Scores of flights on Sunday were canceled or delayed by several hours when heavy storms — uncharacteristic for early April — swept through the area, forcing ground holds by the FAA. That disrupted flights for Southwest, JetBlue, American and Delta — all of which have very active flight schedules on Sunday afternoons.
The delays continued into Monday morning where crowds, largely ignoring COVID-19 social distancing mandates, grew and grew as flights slowly resumed.
But then came a bomb threat in terminal 3 Monday afternoon. Parts of terminal 3, which serves as home for American Airlines and its code share partner JetBlue, were evacuated.
From the airport’s twitter feed: “A security incident this afternoon in Terminal 3 at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport #FLL has been cleared by law enforcement and airport operations are resuming at the two impacted gates in Concourse F. (Updated: April 12, 2021, 2:30PM).”
That follows the bizarre shutdown of FLL on April 1st, when BSO deputies saw wires coming out of a car in the parking garage. The shutdown — during the early morning rush — delayed flights on April 1st for hours, and created traffic tie ups that stretched from the airport to 595 and I-95.
Access today’s departures in real-time through this link.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors
- Woman Vomits In Town Center Mall Parking Lot, Is Charged With DUI
- COVID FLORIDA: Positivity Drops Into 4’s For First Time In Months, But Infections Rising
- Publix Ignores Maskless Woman As Stunned Shoppers Ask Her To Cover Mouth, Nose
- CLAIM: Inmate Stabbed In Cell, Boca Raton’s GEO Group Liable
- Mask Mandate Alive In Palm Beach County, Officials Say Cops May Enforce
- Tweets By Boca Raton Teacher About Guns, Masks, The Lord Under Scrutiny
- Firehouse Subs Boca Raton Cited By Health Inspector
- DRIVE-BY SHOOTING BOCA RATON: One Shot On I-95 At Yamato