Numbers Dramatically Heading In Wrong Direction.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Florida’s COVID-19 progress is rapidly disintegrating into a disaster zone. The Florida Department of Health reported 9,130 new COVID-19 cases recorded on Monday, with a positivity rate soaring to 8.10 percent. Both numbers are 30-day records.
It remains unclear why Florida’s numbers are soaring as vaccine becomes available to everyone. Today’s Johnson and Johnson “pause” has no impact on these numbers, which represent infections recorded on Monday. (News app readers access our full report).
Statewide, Florida now reports 2,134,914 COVID-19 cases with 34,120 deaths. At least 87,287 people have been hospitalized with COVID-19 issues in Florida.
In Palm Beach County, the positivity rate rose to 7.13 percent with 463 new infections. Neither numbers are records, but both are exceptionally high based on the past several weeks. In Palm Beach County, at least 136,675 people have been infected with COVID-19, while 2,701 have died.
There are now 217 people hospitalized with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19” in Palm Beach County. The number is also a recent high. The pediatric positivity rate is now holding at 14.5 percent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- ALERT: Florida Freedom Keepers Plans Rally At Patch Reef Park, Authorities Warn
- Hit and Run Charge Filed Against Delray Beach Man
- GOOD COVID NEWS FLORIDA? All Numbers Dropping
- Enhanced DUI Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Woman
- CLAIM: Woman Critically Injured In Boca Raton Town Center Mall Lot
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors
- Woman Vomits In Town Center Mall Parking Lot, Is Charged With DUI