Numbers Dramatically Heading In Wrong Direction.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Florida’s COVID-19 progress is rapidly disintegrating into a disaster zone. The Florida Department of Health reported 9,130 new COVID-19 cases recorded on Monday, with a positivity rate soaring to 8.10 percent. Both numbers are 30-day records.
It remains unclear why Florida’s numbers are soaring as vaccine becomes available to everyone. Today’s Johnson and Johnson “pause” has no impact on these numbers, which represent infections recorded on Monday. (News app readers access our full report).
Statewide, Florida now reports 2,134,914 COVID-19 cases with 34,120 deaths. At least 87,287 people have been hospitalized with COVID-19 issues in Florida.
In Palm Beach County, the positivity rate rose to 7.13 percent with 463 new infections. Neither numbers are records, but both are exceptionally high based on the past several weeks. In Palm Beach County, at least 136,675 people have been infected with COVID-19, while 2,701 have died.
There are now 217 people hospitalized with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19” in Palm Beach County. The number is also a recent high. The pediatric positivity rate is now holding at 14.5 percent.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BODY COUNT GROWS: Florida Loses Another 61 To COVID-19 On Monday
- Boca Bridges Hit By Car Burglars, Latest Along Lyons To Be Targeted
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Threatens To Shoot Girlfriend’s Friend, Is Arrested
- SIRENS: Dead In Tuscany Delray, Trauma At Olympic Heights High, Fire At Walmart
- Now 11,048 COVID-19 Cases Logged In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Man, Walking, Struck And Killed By Vehicle
- LOTUS HIT: Car Stolen, Multiple Cars Burglarized In Community Where Gates Are Left Open
- SIRENS: Animal Bite In Boca Raton, Overdose In Delray, Critical Crash Near Publix
- CHILLY: It’s Just 46 Degrees In South Palm Beach County Monday Morning