Numbers Dramatically Heading In Wrong Direction.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Florida’s COVID-19 progress is rapidly disintegrating into a disaster zone. The Florida Department of Health reported 9,130 new COVID-19 cases recorded on Monday, with a positivity rate soaring to 8.10 percent. Both numbers are 30-day records.
It remains unclear why Florida’s numbers are soaring as vaccine becomes available to everyone. Today’s Johnson and Johnson “pause” has no impact on these numbers, which represent infections recorded on Monday. (News app readers access our full report).
Statewide, Florida now reports 2,134,914 COVID-19 cases with 34,120 deaths. At least 87,287 people have been hospitalized with COVID-19 issues in Florida.
In Palm Beach County, the positivity rate rose to 7.13 percent with 463 new infections. Neither numbers are records, but both are exceptionally high based on the past several weeks. In Palm Beach County, at least 136,675 people have been infected with COVID-19, while 2,701 have died.
There are now 217 people hospitalized with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19” in Palm Beach County. The number is also a recent high. The pediatric positivity rate is now holding at 14.5 percent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- UPDATE: Boca Raton Resident Shot Guest In Leg
- FAU STUDY: Great Way To Avoid Dying In Car Crash Is Working From Home
- SHOOTING IN BOCA RATON: Police On Scene, Gunman On Loose
- HURRICANE CENTER: Bill To Dissipate, But There’s Another System To Watch
- COPS: Boca Raton Man Hid Cocaine In Vitamin Container
- POLICE: Female Juvenile Chased, Attacked Near Jog Road
- SOUTHWEST AIRLINES: Major Delays and Cancellations Systemwide
- FEDERAL LAWSUIT: Woodfield Country Club Sued For Discrimination
- Tropical Storm Bill Forms, Two Other Systems Watched