BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Pompano Beach just announced that J&J shots scheduled in its jurisdiction have been canceled. Expect J&J vaccinations to be canceled throughout the region as the CDC and FDA investigate potential issues with the vaccine. Moderna and Pfizer continue to be administered at several locations.
Here is the official statement from Pompano:
Milo Care is delaying the opening of the COVID-19 vaccination site at the E. Pat Larkins Community Center in Pompano Beach due to the recommendation from the CDC and FDA concerning the Johnson and Johnson (Janssen) COVID-19 vaccine.
Below is the link for the official CDC and FDA Joint Statement recommending the pausing of the Johnson and Johnson (Janssen) COVID-19 vaccine.
Milo Care is working to obtain the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine in order to open the site.
The City of Pompano Beach is supporting the Milo Care vaccination efforts by providing the site,
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA TREND ENDS: COVID Positivity Rises
- ALERT: Florida Freedom Keepers Plans Rally At Patch Reef Park, Authorities Warn
- Hit and Run Charge Filed Against Delray Beach Man
- GOOD COVID NEWS FLORIDA? All Numbers Dropping
- Enhanced DUI Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Woman
- CLAIM: Woman Critically Injured In Boca Raton Town Center Mall Lot
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors