ER Visits For “Flu Like Symptoms” Rising In Palm Beach County
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Not quite as a bad as yesterday but certainly not good. The Florida COVID-19 new infection count, and positivity rate, are both high — according to Florida’s Department of Health.
News app readers access our full report here.
The just-released numbers from tests recorded on Tuesday reveal another 6,721 new COVID-19 cases were added to Florida’s books. With the new infections comes a positivity rate of 7.44 percent. That’s down from 8.14 percent the day before but still exceptionally high based on numbers recorded over the past 30 days.
There are now at least 2,141,686 COVID-19 infections recorded in the State of Florida. At least 34,164 people have died from COVID-19. The hospitalization count — where the primary diagnosis is (or was) COVID-19 — stands at 87,523.
In Palm Beach County, 446 new COVID-19 cases were recorded on Tuesday as the positivity rate pulled back just slightly to 6.86 percent.
The death count in Palm Beach County is now 2,704 with 137,132 infections.
The weekly count of emergency room visits for people with “influenza like illness” is rising in Palm Beach County, according to the Florida Department of Health.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Hit and Run Charge Filed Against Delray Beach Man
- GOOD COVID NEWS FLORIDA? All Numbers Dropping
- Enhanced DUI Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Woman
- CLAIM: Woman Critically Injured In Boca Raton Town Center Mall Lot
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors
- Woman Vomits In Town Center Mall Parking Lot, Is Charged With DUI
- COVID FLORIDA: Positivity Drops Into 4’s For First Time In Months, But Infections Rising