ER Visits For “Flu Like Symptoms” Rising In Palm Beach County
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Not quite as a bad as yesterday but certainly not good. The Florida COVID-19 new infection count, and positivity rate, are both high — according to Florida’s Department of Health.
News app readers access our full report here.
The just-released numbers from tests recorded on Tuesday reveal another 6,721 new COVID-19 cases were added to Florida’s books. With the new infections comes a positivity rate of 7.44 percent. That’s down from 8.14 percent the day before but still exceptionally high based on numbers recorded over the past 30 days.
There are now at least 2,141,686 COVID-19 infections recorded in the State of Florida. At least 34,164 people have died from COVID-19. The hospitalization count — where the primary diagnosis is (or was) COVID-19 — stands at 87,523.
In Palm Beach County, 446 new COVID-19 cases were recorded on Tuesday as the positivity rate pulled back just slightly to 6.86 percent.
The death count in Palm Beach County is now 2,704 with 137,132 infections.
The weekly count of emergency room visits for people with “influenza like illness” is rising in Palm Beach County, according to the Florida Department of Health.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BABY FORMULA: United Way Offers “Food Finder” Map In Palm Beach County
- Boynton Police Nab Juvenile Attacker, Ask For Other Victims To Come Forward
- Water Rescue At Kings Point After Man Falls In Lake
- KINGS POINT DELRAY: Another Resident Arrested
- Boca Raton’s Alisa Catoggio Pleads Guilty To $40M Federal Kickback Scheme
- COPS ON SCENE: Double Shooting South Of Boca Raton
- SMELL SMOKE? Don’t Worry About It, There’s A Controlled Burn
- ALLIGATOR ALLEY SHOOTING: Police Seeks Suspect, Ask Public For Tips
- ALERT: Palm Beach County COVID Risk Spikes