BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — More than a full week of FSA testing in the Palm Beach County School District has brought an increase in COVID-19 cases. Thousands of children stopped — or are stopping — distance learning for several days as they are required to return to “brick and mortar” buildings for testing mandated by the State of Florida.
Since testing started, at least 118 positive COVID cases have been logged among students and employees. While the school district is attempting to keep all students socially distanced, the increase of tens of thousands of students — even spread out over several weeks — is apparently creating insurmountable challenges.
At least 3,293 COVID-19 cases have been recorded since late September, with 1,336 employees and 1,957 students testing positive.
Notable, the majority of cases have been logged since the end of winter break. At least 2,025 cases have been recorded in the Palm Beach County School District since school ended for the calendar year in late December.
While stating the test is “mandated,” the State of Florida last week announced that educators may use other factors in determining whethe students are eligible for graduation.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA TREND ENDS: COVID Positivity Rises
- ALERT: Florida Freedom Keepers Plans Rally At Patch Reef Park, Authorities Warn
- Hit and Run Charge Filed Against Delray Beach Man
- GOOD COVID NEWS FLORIDA? All Numbers Dropping
- Enhanced DUI Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Woman
- CLAIM: Woman Critically Injured In Boca Raton Town Center Mall Lot
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors