BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Health Care District of Palm Beach County is set to accept appointments for the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine starting Thursday morning. Vaccine providers state and nationwide are now switching quickly to Pfizer and Moderna after the CDC and FDA requested a “pause” in Johnson and Johnson distribution due to the possibility of adverse side effects.
Here’s the advisory from the Health Care District of Palm Beach County:
At 9 a.m. tomorrow, Thursday, April 15, 2021, the Health Care District of Palm Beach County will open 16,380 first-dose appointments of Pfizer vaccine for self-scheduling online at http://vaccine.hcdpbc.org . Appointment dates will be available between Tuesday, April 20 through Thursday, May 6, 2021. Individuals 16 years and older are eligible to self-schedule appointments for the Pfizer vaccine brand. The website lists the available dates, locations, vaccine brand and eligibility requirements at each of the Health Care District’s three mass vaccination sites at the South County Civic Center west of Delray Beach, the Burns Road Community Center in Palm Beach Gardens, and the South Florida Fairgrounds in suburban West Palm Beach. It is essential that individuals follow the state eligibility guidelines when scheduling to avoid being turned away at the sites. A parent or guardian must be present at the appointment of those who are 16 and 17 years old.
As additional vaccine is received and appointments are opened, the community will be notified that the self-scheduler is open.
For those without internet access, the Health Care District’s helpline at 561-804-4115 is available to assist in English, Spanish and Creole. All appointments are based on vaccine availability.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Hit and Run Charge Filed Against Delray Beach Man
- GOOD COVID NEWS FLORIDA? All Numbers Dropping
- Enhanced DUI Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Woman
- CLAIM: Woman Critically Injured In Boca Raton Town Center Mall Lot
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors
- Woman Vomits In Town Center Mall Parking Lot, Is Charged With DUI
- COVID FLORIDA: Positivity Drops Into 4’s For First Time In Months, But Infections Rising