BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A woman leaning on a stool that allegedly “collapsed” underneath her is suing Simon Properties (NYSE: SPG). Simon owns Boca Raton Town Center Mall where the incident allegedly occurred.
In a complaint just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court, Elizabeth Fridman alleges that she was leaning on the stool on September 20th, 2020. (News app readers access our full report and documents here).
From the suit: “On or about September 20, 2020, the Plaintiff was lawfully on the subject premises as an invitee, when, due to the negligence of the Defendant, Plaintiff slipped and/or tripped and fell at the subject premises when a stool that she was leaning on collapsed underneath her, and, as a result, sustained serious bodily injury…”
The suit seeks in excess of $15,000.
It was not immediately clear where in the mall the incident occurred. There are stools in the common areas and food court section of the mall.
The suit states that Fridman required, and will require, substantial medical care.
No immediate response was filed by Simon Properties.
Read the complete filing below. If you are reading in a news app and it does not appear, use this link for access.Simon
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors
- Woman Vomits In Town Center Mall Parking Lot, Is Charged With DUI
- COVID FLORIDA: Positivity Drops Into 4’s For First Time In Months, But Infections Rising
- Publix Ignores Maskless Woman As Stunned Shoppers Ask Her To Cover Mouth, Nose
- CLAIM: Inmate Stabbed In Cell, Boca Raton’s GEO Group Liable
- Mask Mandate Alive In Palm Beach County, Officials Say Cops May Enforce
- Tweets By Boca Raton Teacher About Guns, Masks, The Lord Under Scrutiny
- Firehouse Subs Boca Raton Cited By Health Inspector
- DRIVE-BY SHOOTING BOCA RATON: One Shot On I-95 At Yamato