BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A woman leaning on a stool that allegedly “collapsed” underneath her is suing Simon Properties (NYSE: SPG). Simon owns Boca Raton Town Center Mall where the incident allegedly occurred.
In a complaint just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court, Elizabeth Fridman alleges that she was leaning on the stool on September 20th, 2020. (News app readers access our full report and documents here).
From the suit: “On or about September 20, 2020, the Plaintiff was lawfully on the subject premises as an invitee, when, due to the negligence of the Defendant, Plaintiff slipped and/or tripped and fell at the subject premises when a stool that she was leaning on collapsed underneath her, and, as a result, sustained serious bodily injury…”
The suit seeks in excess of $15,000.
It was not immediately clear where in the mall the incident occurred. There are stools in the common areas and food court section of the mall.
The suit states that Fridman required, and will require, substantial medical care.
No immediate response was filed by Simon Properties.
Read the complete filing below. If you are reading in a news app and it does not appear, use this link for access.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- MASK MANDATE: Local Airports Remind Florida Travelers They Must Wear Masks
- STUDENT ASSAULTED AT OMNI MIDDLE SCHOOL, SCHOOL BOARD SUED
- SIRENS: Dead At Boca Woods, Fainting At PBI, Bleeding At Canyons Middle School
- Several Boca Raton Elementary Schools Face Boundary Changes For Next School Year
- UPDATE: Turo Claims It Paid For Damage To Boca Man’s Car After Drug Addict’s Crash, But…
- PBSO Takes Over Deadly I-95 Shooting Investigation
- ARREST: Boca Man, Accused Of Cheating With Woman Overseas, Charged With Felony
- SIRENS: Traumatic Injury At West Boca High, Dead In Valencia, Overheating At Delray Tennis Center
- Delray Beach Woman Allegedly Attacks Mother, Wrongly Claims She Won’t Be Arrested