BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A woman leaning on a stool that allegedly “collapsed” underneath her is suing Simon Properties (NYSE: SPG). Simon owns Boca Raton Town Center Mall where the incident allegedly occurred.
In a complaint just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court, Elizabeth Fridman alleges that she was leaning on the stool on September 20th, 2020. (News app readers access our full report and documents here).
From the suit: “On or about September 20, 2020, the Plaintiff was lawfully on the subject premises as an invitee, when, due to the negligence of the Defendant, Plaintiff slipped and/or tripped and fell at the subject premises when a stool that she was leaning on collapsed underneath her, and, as a result, sustained serious bodily injury…”
The suit seeks in excess of $15,000.
It was not immediately clear where in the mall the incident occurred. There are stools in the common areas and food court section of the mall.
The suit states that Fridman required, and will require, substantial medical care.
No immediate response was filed by Simon Properties.
Read the complete filing below. If you are reading in a news app and it does not appear, use this link for access.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-95 To Close Tonight In Boca Raton
- MAJOR FLIGHT DELAYS: Flights From Florida To New York, Mid-Atlantic Delayed Due To Smoke
- SWAT Storms Cortland Uptown Boca, Nabs Two On Weapons, Financial Crimes
- DOUNUGHT DISASTER: Krispy Kreme Sued In Palm Beach County After Critical Injury
- BOCA POLICE 911 CALL: WITNESS FEARED FOR CHILD IN CAR
- National Hurricane Center Still Monitoring System Far East Of Florida
- Pedestrian Struck By Brightline Train In Delray Beach
- WATCH VIDEO: BOCA RATON OFFICER PULLS PREGNANT WOMAN FROM CAR
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Being Watched East Of Florida, No Threat For Now