BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The number of new COVID-19 infections in Florida continues to hold stead or rise, as the positivity rate remains at a concerning level that just won’t break. That’s the takeaway from today’s report from the Florida Department of Health.
(News app readers access our full report here).
At least 6,748 new COVID-19 cases were recorded in Florida on Wednesday. That’s up from 6,668 the day before, and on the higher side of reports over the past several weeks. With the exception of Sunday’s astonishingly high report of 9,072 new cases, the “new” COVID-19 infection count has been in the 5,000 to 8,000 case range consistently since the start of April.
The positivity rate for Florida did pull back a bit based on Wednesday’s report. The number is now 6.66 percent — it’s still high, but notably lower than the 7’s and 8’s over the past five days. The positivity rate dropped to 6.54 percent on April 8th, then has held in the 7s and 8s since.
Statewide, at least 2,148,448 people have tested positive for COVID-19. At least 34,238 have died. In Florida, 87,742 people have been hospitalized with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19.
In Palm Beach County, 137,552 infections have been logged with 2,708 deaths.
The pediatric positivity rate for Palm Beach County is holding at 14.5 percent. The number of people receiving a full “series” of COVID-19 vaccines is 357,960.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Mask Mandate Extended For Palm Beach County Schools
- FLORIDA: 57 Die From COVID Thursday, Two From The Flu
- JetBlue Flight Makes Emergency Return To Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- BOCA RUDETON: How Fake Is That ”Service” Dog In The Aisle?
- Boca Raton Teen Charged With Homicide, DUI, Hit And Run
- SIRENS: Car Fire On I-95, Chemical Hazard At Trump’s Mar-A-Lago, Fight In Canyon Isles
- Another 66 Die From COVID In Florida As Palm Beach Schools Report 10,538 Cases
- UPDATE: Jeffrey Goolst Allegedly Held Gun To Head Of Home Healthcare Aide
- Home Sale Prices Skyrocketing In Boca Raton, Delray Beach