BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The number of new COVID-19 infections in Florida continues to hold stead or rise, as the positivity rate remains at a concerning level that just won’t break. That’s the takeaway from today’s report from the Florida Department of Health.
(News app readers access our full report here).
At least 6,748 new COVID-19 cases were recorded in Florida on Wednesday. That’s up from 6,668 the day before, and on the higher side of reports over the past several weeks. With the exception of Sunday’s astonishingly high report of 9,072 new cases, the “new” COVID-19 infection count has been in the 5,000 to 8,000 case range consistently since the start of April.
The positivity rate for Florida did pull back a bit based on Wednesday’s report. The number is now 6.66 percent — it’s still high, but notably lower than the 7’s and 8’s over the past five days. The positivity rate dropped to 6.54 percent on April 8th, then has held in the 7s and 8s since.
Statewide, at least 2,148,448 people have tested positive for COVID-19. At least 34,238 have died. In Florida, 87,742 people have been hospitalized with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19.
In Palm Beach County, 137,552 infections have been logged with 2,708 deaths.
The pediatric positivity rate for Palm Beach County is holding at 14.5 percent. The number of people receiving a full “series” of COVID-19 vaccines is 357,960.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two New Systems Southeast Of Florida May Become Victor, Wanda
- POLICE: Woman Charged With Firebombing Area Temple
- KINSA: Palm Beach County COVID Situation Improving, But Hospitals Over Capacity
- FLORIDA BLUE ALERT: Patrick McDowell On Loose, Allegedly Killed Cop
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Turning, But Two Systems Forming East Of Florida
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon
- Florida Woman Hits Community Call Box In Front Of Cop, Jailed DUI
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Nearly Major Hurricane Southeast Of Florida
- ELECTIONS: Palm Beach County Supervisor Mails Ballots, Prepares Drop Boxes