BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The number of new COVID-19 infections in Florida continues to hold stead or rise, as the positivity rate remains at a concerning level that just won’t break. That’s the takeaway from today’s report from the Florida Department of Health.
(News app readers access our full report here).
At least 6,748 new COVID-19 cases were recorded in Florida on Wednesday. That’s up from 6,668 the day before, and on the higher side of reports over the past several weeks. With the exception of Sunday’s astonishingly high report of 9,072 new cases, the “new” COVID-19 infection count has been in the 5,000 to 8,000 case range consistently since the start of April.
The positivity rate for Florida did pull back a bit based on Wednesday’s report. The number is now 6.66 percent — it’s still high, but notably lower than the 7’s and 8’s over the past five days. The positivity rate dropped to 6.54 percent on April 8th, then has held in the 7s and 8s since.
Statewide, at least 2,148,448 people have tested positive for COVID-19. At least 34,238 have died. In Florida, 87,742 people have been hospitalized with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19.
In Palm Beach County, 137,552 infections have been logged with 2,708 deaths.
The pediatric positivity rate for Palm Beach County is holding at 14.5 percent. The number of people receiving a full “series” of COVID-19 vaccines is 357,960.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors
- Woman Vomits In Town Center Mall Parking Lot, Is Charged With DUI
- COVID FLORIDA: Positivity Drops Into 4’s For First Time In Months, But Infections Rising
- Publix Ignores Maskless Woman As Stunned Shoppers Ask Her To Cover Mouth, Nose
- CLAIM: Inmate Stabbed In Cell, Boca Raton’s GEO Group Liable
- Mask Mandate Alive In Palm Beach County, Officials Say Cops May Enforce
- Tweets By Boca Raton Teacher About Guns, Masks, The Lord Under Scrutiny
- Firehouse Subs Boca Raton Cited By Health Inspector
- DRIVE-BY SHOOTING BOCA RATON: One Shot On I-95 At Yamato