BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
ORLANDO, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Broward County man will spend more than three years in federal prison following his conviction on charges related to committing fraud at Universal Studios Orlando. (News app readers access our full report).
This is the official advisory from the United States Attorney’s Office for the Middle District of Florida:
U.S. District Judge Wendy W. Berger today sentenced Fredrick Bernard Lewis (32, Ft. Lauderdale) to 37 months in federal prison for using unauthorized access devices at theme parks in Orlando.
Lewis had pleaded guilty on January 6, 2021.
According to court documents, between March 2018 and June 2020, Lewis used stolen credit card numbers belonging to 36 different victims to purchase theme park and hotel packages from Universal Orlando Resort valued at approximately $62,300. Lewis called the Universal call center or visited the Universal website to make the fraudulent purchases, each time using a different stolen credit card number.
Most of the reservations were made via phone and, to avoid detection, Lewis utilized more than 20 different telephone numbers when calling in to make the reservations.
After making a fraudulent purchase, Lewis and his associates would either use the ticket and hotel packages and/or have Universal convert the packages to Universal gift cards.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Hit and Run Charge Filed Against Delray Beach Man
- GOOD COVID NEWS FLORIDA? All Numbers Dropping
- Enhanced DUI Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Woman
- CLAIM: Woman Critically Injured In Boca Raton Town Center Mall Lot
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors
- Woman Vomits In Town Center Mall Parking Lot, Is Charged With DUI
- COVID FLORIDA: Positivity Drops Into 4’s For First Time In Months, But Infections Rising