BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
ORLANDO, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Broward County man will spend more than three years in federal prison following his conviction on charges related to committing fraud at Universal Studios Orlando. (News app readers access our full report).
This is the official advisory from the United States Attorney’s Office for the Middle District of Florida:
U.S. District Judge Wendy W. Berger today sentenced Fredrick Bernard Lewis (32, Ft. Lauderdale) to 37 months in federal prison for using unauthorized access devices at theme parks in Orlando.
Lewis had pleaded guilty on January 6, 2021.
According to court documents, between March 2018 and June 2020, Lewis used stolen credit card numbers belonging to 36 different victims to purchase theme park and hotel packages from Universal Orlando Resort valued at approximately $62,300. Lewis called the Universal call center or visited the Universal website to make the fraudulent purchases, each time using a different stolen credit card number.
Most of the reservations were made via phone and, to avoid detection, Lewis utilized more than 20 different telephone numbers when calling in to make the reservations.
After making a fraudulent purchase, Lewis and his associates would either use the ticket and hotel packages and/or have Universal convert the packages to Universal gift cards.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Fire Rescue Truck In Crash At Powerline and Palmetto Park, Road Closed
- COVID: Palm Beach County Back To Green Zone, “Low Risk” Says Kinsa
- Man Crashes Into Tree, Is Killed In West Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Sues Police, Arrested On Own Property With Gun, Permit
- Delray Beach Man Calls 911 Repeatedly To Complain About Police
- TRAFFIC REMINDER: Glades Road I-95 Ramp To Close This Weekend
- ELECTIONS: Deadline Is Saturday For Vote-By-Mail Ballot
- Delray Beach Man Convicted Of Sending Spy Equipment To Libya
- Palm Beach County Commissioner Slams Governor DeSantis On Vaccine Stance