Allegedly Part Of Major Bicycle Theft Ring In Boca Raton. Read Arrest Report.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
UPDATED: 8:34 A.M. Friday, April 16th, with police report.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Jason Pollotta-Demelo of Boynton Beach is facing 11 charges in Boca Raton. He was arrested overnight and remains in the Palm Beach County Jail early Friday morning.
(News app readers access our full report).
Pollotta-Demelo, 18, is charged with burglary, two counts of larceny, two counts of dealing in stolen property, two counts of fraud, cocaine possession, drug equipment possession, and two counts of failure to appear. The arrests stem from his alleged involvement in what appears to be a bicycle theft ring targeting apartment and condo buildings in and around Boca Raton.
As written by police in the report, below, Pollottta-Demelo allegedly was involved in stealing high-end bicycles in and around Boca Raton, then pawning them.
Jason Pollotta-Demelo was arrested Thursday evening and booked into the Palm Beach County Jail at 11:30 p.m. Bond is now set at $19,250.
Read the complete police report, below. If you are reading in a news app and the report does not appear, use this for full access. BocaNewsNow.com has redacted victim names and certain elements of Pollotta-Demelo’s personal information
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY DECLARES STATE OF EMERGENCY
- HURRICANE IAN: Schools Open But Heavy Rain, Strong Rain Expected In South Florida
- DEAD IN VALENCIA FALLS: Woman Drives Into Garage, Backs Into House, Utility Pole
- Loggers’ Run Boca Raton Forecloses On Homeowner Over $777
- CAR THEFTS: POLICE FRUSTRATED WITH SEVEN BRIDGES, LOTUS BOARDS
- HURRICANE IAN MAY PACK 130 MPH WINDS AS IT APPROACHES FLORIDA
- IAN: PALM BEACH COUNTY WARNS OF HEAVY RAIN, TORNADOES
- REMINDER: All Schools Closed In Palm Beach County Monday
- IAN TRACK SHIFTS, BUT SOUTH FLORIDA TOLD UNCERTAINTY HIGH