Allegedly Part Of Major Bicycle Theft Ring In Boca Raton. Read Arrest Report.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
UPDATED: 8:34 A.M. Friday, April 16th, with police report.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Jason Pollotta-Demelo of Boynton Beach is facing 11 charges in Boca Raton. He was arrested overnight and remains in the Palm Beach County Jail early Friday morning.
(News app readers access our full report).
Pollotta-Demelo, 18, is charged with burglary, two counts of larceny, two counts of dealing in stolen property, two counts of fraud, cocaine possession, drug equipment possession, and two counts of failure to appear. The arrests stem from his alleged involvement in what appears to be a bicycle theft ring targeting apartment and condo buildings in and around Boca Raton.
As written by police in the report, below, Pollottta-Demelo allegedly was involved in stealing high-end bicycles in and around Boca Raton, then pawning them.
Jason Pollotta-Demelo was arrested Thursday evening and booked into the Palm Beach County Jail at 11:30 p.m. Bond is now set at $19,250.
Read the complete police report, below. If you are reading in a news app and the report does not appear, use this for full access. BocaNewsNow.com has redacted victim names and certain elements of Pollotta-Demelo’s personal informationPollotta
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA TREND ENDS: COVID Positivity Rises
- ALERT: Florida Freedom Keepers Plans Rally At Patch Reef Park, Authorities Warn
- Hit and Run Charge Filed Against Delray Beach Man
- GOOD COVID NEWS FLORIDA? All Numbers Dropping
- Enhanced DUI Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Woman
- CLAIM: Woman Critically Injured In Boca Raton Town Center Mall Lot
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors