BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The number of people hospitalized in Palm Beach County with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19 is again rising dramatically, suggesting the spread of COVID-19 in South Florida continues with increasing force as more and more people act as if the pandemic is a thing of the past. (News App readers access our full report).
According to the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration: the total number of people hospitalized for COVID-19 in Palm Beach County was in the 160s and 170s just days ago, but has jumped to 221 as of mid-day Sunday. In Broward County, 502 people are hospitalized for COVID-19. In Miami-Dade, where Spring Breakers received national attention for unmasked idiocy, the count is now 600. These numbers are accurate as of 1:40 p.m. on Sunday, April 18th, 2021.
The rising hospital counts come as the positivity rate in South Florida continues at high levels, and ICUs are again filling up.
Bethesda West reports 9 ICU beds in use with just 1 available.
Wellington reports 26 ICU beds in use with just 2 available.
West Boca Medical Center reports 9 ICU beds in use with 7 available.
Delray Medical Center — the region’s trauma center — reports 34 ICU beds in use with 10 available.
Boca Raton Regional Hospital reports 35 ICU beds in use with 6 available.
Statewide, 4,753 ICU beds are in use with 1,427 ICU beds available. The ICU count includes COVID and non-COVID patients.
Also statewide, combing COVID, non-COVID, critical and non-critical patients, 47,164 beds are in use with 14,430 available.
Florida’s latest infection, death, and positivty rate counts will be released later Sunday.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors
- Woman Vomits In Town Center Mall Parking Lot, Is Charged With DUI
- COVID FLORIDA: Positivity Drops Into 4’s For First Time In Months, But Infections Rising
- Publix Ignores Maskless Woman As Stunned Shoppers Ask Her To Cover Mouth, Nose
- CLAIM: Inmate Stabbed In Cell, Boca Raton’s GEO Group Liable
- Mask Mandate Alive In Palm Beach County, Officials Say Cops May Enforce
- Tweets By Boca Raton Teacher About Guns, Masks, The Lord Under Scrutiny
- Firehouse Subs Boca Raton Cited By Health Inspector
- DRIVE-BY SHOOTING BOCA RATON: One Shot On I-95 At Yamato