BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
UPDATE: District says portal issue has been resolved — system should be returning to normal.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Students taking part in “distance learning” within the Palm Beach County School District are experiencing login problems this morning. Nearly 80,000 students remain engaged in “distance learning.”
(News app readers access our full report).
In a text and email blast to parents, the District is acknowledging the issue and says it is working on a fix. As of 10:40 Monday morning, the district says it is “experiencing portal log in issues. This may impact distance learning. IT is working on a solution. Updates to follow.”
The Palm Beach County School District operates its distance program largely through Google for Education which is an education version of the company’s GSuite — now known as “Google Workspace.” Google is not reporting any major issues this morning, suggesting the issue is completely within the Palm Beach County School District infrastructure.
This is a developing story.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID ALERT: Palm Beach County Elevated To Critical
- NO BIG DEAL: Looks Like System Is Dissipating
- Delray Beach Bartender Charged With DUI
- Tropical Depression Could Form Within Day
- FLORIDA COVID: More Than 14K Cases Recorded On Friday, 148 Deaths
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Child Neglect, Weapon Charge
- Get Paid To Get A COVID Shot In Boca Raton
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida