Boca Raton Regional Hospital ICU Near Capacity Monday Afternoon.
BY: STAFF REPORT: BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — It is a mixed bag of COVID-19 news for Monday, with a disturbing trend highlighted by an official Florida Department of Health graphic. (News app readers access our full report).
The weekly count of emergency room visits for “influenza-like” illness is rising dramatically, as the COVID-like illness graph has flat lined at a high number. Neither trends are good.
In Florida, the positivity rate for tests logged on Sunday pulled back for a 30-day high of 8.61 percent to 7.90 percent. The number of COVID-19 cases recorded in Florida now stands at 2,173,138 with 34,471 deaths.
In Palm Beach County, the positivity rate for tests logged on Sunday is 7.50 percent. At least 139,199 people in Palm Beach County have tested positive for COVID-19. At least 2,723 people have died. The statewide hospitalization count for COVID-19 is now 88,274.
The Florida Agency for Health Care Administration says that the number of people hospitalized in Palm Beach County for a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19” is in the midst of a significant climb. Just 160 days ago, the count is 229 as of 4:45 p.m. on Monday. In Broward County, 518 people are hospitalized for COVID-19, in Miami-Dade, the number is 621.
Bethesda West reports 7 ICU beds in use with 3 available. Wellington reports 26 ICU beds in use with 2 available. West Boca Medical Center reports 11 ICU beds in use with 5 available. Boca Raton Regional Hospital reports 28 ICU beds in sue with 2 available. Delray Medical Center reports 37 ICU beds in use with 10 available.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors
- Woman Vomits In Town Center Mall Parking Lot, Is Charged With DUI
- COVID FLORIDA: Positivity Drops Into 4’s For First Time In Months, But Infections Rising
- Publix Ignores Maskless Woman As Stunned Shoppers Ask Her To Cover Mouth, Nose
- CLAIM: Inmate Stabbed In Cell, Boca Raton’s GEO Group Liable
- Mask Mandate Alive In Palm Beach County, Officials Say Cops May Enforce
- Tweets By Boca Raton Teacher About Guns, Masks, The Lord Under Scrutiny
- Firehouse Subs Boca Raton Cited By Health Inspector
- DRIVE-BY SHOOTING BOCA RATON: One Shot On I-95 At Yamato