BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Boynton Beach Police tell BocaNewsNow.com that investigators are on the scene of an apparent Murder-Suicide at the Hampton Inn on Gateway Blvd. (News app readers access our full report).
The investigation continues but here is the official notification released by Boynton Beach Police:
OFFICIAL ADVISORY: “The incident occurred around 1:36 a.m. in the parking lot of 1475 W. Gateway Boulevard (Hampton Inn).
Officers responded to the scene in reference to a female victim who had just been shot in the parking lot. Officers located a vehicle occupied by the female victim (32 YOA) and a child (2 YOA). The victim was pronounced deceased on scene and the child was asleep (unharmed).
Witnesses provided a detailed vehicle description for the suspect. Officers located the suspect driving the vehicle and conducted a traffic stop. The vehicle came to a stop on the I95 northbound lanes, north of Gateway Boulevard. When the officers made contact it was determined the suspect (40 YOA) was deceased, with an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.
The child is safe with family. Victims information is not available pursuant to Marcy’s Law. Next of Kin notification is being made for the suspect and information is not available at this time.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call Det. Gleicher at 561-732-8116 or Crime Stoppers of Palm Beach County at 800-458-TIPS. Information can also be sent to us via our website, www.bbpd.org or MyPD app. You can remain anonymous.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Fire Rescue Truck In Crash At Powerline and Palmetto Park, Road Closed
- COVID: Palm Beach County Back To Green Zone, “Low Risk” Says Kinsa
- Man Crashes Into Tree, Is Killed In West Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Sues Police, Arrested On Own Property With Gun, Permit
- Delray Beach Man Calls 911 Repeatedly To Complain About Police
- TRAFFIC REMINDER: Glades Road I-95 Ramp To Close This Weekend
- ELECTIONS: Deadline Is Saturday For Vote-By-Mail Ballot
- Delray Beach Man Convicted Of Sending Spy Equipment To Libya
- Palm Beach County Commissioner Slams Governor DeSantis On Vaccine Stance