BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The area hospital count of patients with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19” is growing yet again. After a drop into the 160s earlier this month, the Florida Department for Health Care Administration now reports 232 people are hospitalized in Palm Beach County for COVID-19. (News app readers access our full report).
In Broward County, 514 people are hospitalized. In Miami-Dade, the COVID hospitalization count is 625.
Why numbers continue to rise amidst vaccine distribution is unclear. 232 is certainly not the 400s seen earlier this year, but the downward trend has reversed, with the hospital count steadily rising over the past week.
Statewide, 2,184,354 people have tested positive for COVID-19. The death count is 34,616.
In Palm Beach County, 139,846 are now confirmed positive for COVID-19 with 2,732 deaths.
The pediatric positivity rate in Palm Beach County is holding at 14.6 percent — an extremely high number. The Florida Dept. of Health defines pediatric as anyone 18 or under.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA TREND ENDS: COVID Positivity Rises
- ALERT: Florida Freedom Keepers Plans Rally At Patch Reef Park, Authorities Warn
- Hit and Run Charge Filed Against Delray Beach Man
- GOOD COVID NEWS FLORIDA? All Numbers Dropping
- Enhanced DUI Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Woman
- CLAIM: Woman Critically Injured In Boca Raton Town Center Mall Lot
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors