BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The area hospital count of patients with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19” is growing yet again. After a drop into the 160s earlier this month, the Florida Department for Health Care Administration now reports 232 people are hospitalized in Palm Beach County for COVID-19. (News app readers access our full report).
In Broward County, 514 people are hospitalized. In Miami-Dade, the COVID hospitalization count is 625.
Why numbers continue to rise amidst vaccine distribution is unclear. 232 is certainly not the 400s seen earlier this year, but the downward trend has reversed, with the hospital count steadily rising over the past week.
Statewide, 2,184,354 people have tested positive for COVID-19. The death count is 34,616.
In Palm Beach County, 139,846 are now confirmed positive for COVID-19 with 2,732 deaths.
The pediatric positivity rate in Palm Beach County is holding at 14.6 percent — an extremely high number. The Florida Dept. of Health defines pediatric as anyone 18 or under.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Tropical Depression Could Form Within Day
- FLORIDA COVID: More Than 14K Cases Recorded On Friday, 148 Deaths
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Child Neglect, Weapon Charge
- Get Paid To Get A COVID Shot In Boca Raton
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form