BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Boca Raton woman is facing multiple charges — including bribery — following her arrest late Friday by the Boca Raton Police Department.
Christine Wegener of Sapphire Valley in Boca was stopped in the area of 3200 North Federal Highway in Boca Raton while driving her black 2017 Porsche SUV. While the arrest report continues to be processed, tickets reviewed by BocaNewsNow.com show the traffic stop was initiated at 6:03 p.m. and allegedly included an unlawful attempt to get out of her third DUI in ten years.
The official charges: “DUI, unlawful blood alcohol, DUI alcohol or drugs third violation within ten years,” “DUI, unlawful blood alcohol, DUI influence of alcohol or drugs,” and, “Bribery, unlawful compensation (or) reward for official behavior.”
It was not immediately clear how she allegedly attempted to bribe an officer.
Wegener also, according to tickets filed with the Palm Beach County Clerk of Courts, refused a breath alcohol test.
Wegener is being held on $5,000 bond for the bribery charge and $1,000 bond for the “third DUI violation within years” charge. She was booked into jail at 10:09 p.m. She remained incarcerated as of 9:45 a.m. Saturday.
We will update with the police report — and specifics of the alleged bribery — once the affidavit of probable cause is processed by Palm Beach County.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- GLADES ROAD CLOSES TONIGHT, WILL REMAIN CLOSED ALL WEEKEND LONG
- Your Escort Company May Have Just Been Busted By The Cops
- UBER SUED AFTER DELRAY BEACH CRASH
- OFFICIAL: Boca Raton Leaders Sworn-In During Organizational Meeting
- Homicide, Hit And Run Charges Filed Against Boca Raton Man
- TRAFFIC ALERT: GLADES ROAD TO COMPLETELY CLOSE AT I-95 ALL WEEKEND LONG
- Palm Beach County Lawyer Nabbed While Downloading Child Pornography
- MURDER IN WEST DELRAY BEACH, POLICE INVESTIGATING
- KINGS POINT DELRAY: More Arrests, More Often As Another Is Locked Up