BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Boca Raton woman is facing multiple charges — including bribery — following her arrest late Friday by the Boca Raton Police Department.
Christine Wegener of Sapphire Valley in Boca was stopped in the area of 3200 North Federal Highway in Boca Raton while driving her black 2017 Porsche SUV. While the arrest report continues to be processed, tickets reviewed by BocaNewsNow.com show the traffic stop was initiated at 6:03 p.m. and allegedly included an unlawful attempt to get out of her third DUI in ten years.
The official charges: “DUI, unlawful blood alcohol, DUI alcohol or drugs third violation within ten years,” “DUI, unlawful blood alcohol, DUI influence of alcohol or drugs,” and, “Bribery, unlawful compensation (or) reward for official behavior.”
It was not immediately clear how she allegedly attempted to bribe an officer.
Wegener also, according to tickets filed with the Palm Beach County Clerk of Courts, refused a breath alcohol test.
Wegener is being held on $5,000 bond for the bribery charge and $1,000 bond for the “third DUI violation within years” charge. She was booked into jail at 10:09 p.m. She remained incarcerated as of 9:45 a.m. Saturday.
We will update with the police report — and specifics of the alleged bribery — once the affidavit of probable cause is processed by Palm Beach County.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Hit and Run Charge Filed Against Delray Beach Man
- GOOD COVID NEWS FLORIDA? All Numbers Dropping
- Enhanced DUI Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Woman
- CLAIM: Woman Critically Injured In Boca Raton Town Center Mall Lot
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors
- Woman Vomits In Town Center Mall Parking Lot, Is Charged With DUI
- COVID FLORIDA: Positivity Drops Into 4’s For First Time In Months, But Infections Rising