More Than 2.3-Million COVID Cases In Florida. Fears That “Boca Bash” Will Raise Infection, Death Count.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Florida Department of Health just reported more troubling numbers for the State of Florida in its seemingly never ending fight to get COVID-19 under control.
As partiers party, diners dine, and Sunday — boaters boat en masse at the Boca Bash — Florida’s numbers refuse to recede. (News app readers access our full report).
Florida recorded 7,341 new COVID-19 cases on Friday. That is a dramatic increase from 4,896 on Thursday, 6,611 on Wednesday, and 5,545 on Tuesday. In total, Florida recorded nearly 41,000 new cases over the past week — a sign that COVID is not easing up with any great consistency in Florida.
At least 2,203,913 COVID-19 cases have been recorded in Florida with 34,812 deaths. At least 89,380 people have been hospitalized with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19 in the state.
In Palm Beach County, where 141,250 people have tested positive for COVID-19 and 2,742 have died, the county recorded a two week record high of new cases on Friday. 549 new infections were added to the books. The Palm Beach County positivity rate also rose a full point to 6.32 percent.
The increases come as the “Boca Bash” is set for Sunday — an often drunken boating and partying event that may attract thousands of unmasked revelers to Lake Boca. It is unclear Saturday afternoon what action police and Florida’s Fish and Wildlife officers plan to take if social distancing and other COVID-19 protocols are not followed.
The event was canceled last year due to COVID-19.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Air Traffic Slowed Along Eastern Seaboard, Balloon To Be Shot Down
- TRIAL SET IN SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH CASE, MAGISTRATE BLASTS HOA ATTORNEYS
- Shooting In Boca Reserve Not Criminal, According To Police
- Boca Raton Woman Faces Six Years In Federal Prison On Illegal Boating Indictment
- Boca Raton Man, On Moped, Killed In Crash
- Jewish Man Ordered Off Delta Flight From Fort Lauderdale To NYC Over Hat
- MAN SAYS HE WAS SHOT IN HEAD BEHIND AURA APARTMENTS IN BOCA RATON
- Delray Beach Woman Charged With Neglect After Toddler Abused, Images Uploaded
- Boca Raton Man Tries To Avoid, But Kills, Hollywood Man Illegally Crossing Street