More Than 2.3-Million COVID Cases In Florida. Fears That “Boca Bash” Will Raise Infection, Death Count.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Florida Department of Health just reported more troubling numbers for the State of Florida in its seemingly never ending fight to get COVID-19 under control.
As partiers party, diners dine, and Sunday — boaters boat en masse at the Boca Bash — Florida’s numbers refuse to recede. (News app readers access our full report).
Florida recorded 7,341 new COVID-19 cases on Friday. That is a dramatic increase from 4,896 on Thursday, 6,611 on Wednesday, and 5,545 on Tuesday. In total, Florida recorded nearly 41,000 new cases over the past week — a sign that COVID is not easing up with any great consistency in Florida.
At least 2,203,913 COVID-19 cases have been recorded in Florida with 34,812 deaths. At least 89,380 people have been hospitalized with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19 in the state.
In Palm Beach County, where 141,250 people have tested positive for COVID-19 and 2,742 have died, the county recorded a two week record high of new cases on Friday. 549 new infections were added to the books. The Palm Beach County positivity rate also rose a full point to 6.32 percent.
The increases come as the “Boca Bash” is set for Sunday — an often drunken boating and partying event that may attract thousands of unmasked revelers to Lake Boca. It is unclear Saturday afternoon what action police and Florida’s Fish and Wildlife officers plan to take if social distancing and other COVID-19 protocols are not followed.
The event was canceled last year due to COVID-19.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- ALERT: Florida Freedom Keepers Plans Rally At Patch Reef Park, Authorities Warn
- Hit and Run Charge Filed Against Delray Beach Man
- GOOD COVID NEWS FLORIDA? All Numbers Dropping
- Enhanced DUI Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Woman
- CLAIM: Woman Critically Injured In Boca Raton Town Center Mall Lot
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors
- Woman Vomits In Town Center Mall Parking Lot, Is Charged With DUI