Boca Raton’s True Colors Shine As Thousands Disregard CDC Guidelines In Boca Bash
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Any hope that intelligence and common sense would prevail were washed away Sunday as Boca Bash on Lake Boca made it appear that Palm Beach County is COVID free. It’s not. Infections, positivity and hospitalizations continue to rise.
(News app readers access our full report).
Lake Boca appeared packed mid-day Sunday as residents in the area reported hoards of unmasked partiers, paying no attention to CDC guidelines.
“We are watching the next COVID surge,” said one area resident to BocaNewsNow.com. “It is just incredible how stupid people truly are.”
While there were no immediate reports of arrests, Boca PD and Florida Fish and Wildlife officers are patrolling the area. Authorities previously issued several directives regarding crowds, parking and foot traffic in the area.
UPDATE: Monday, April 26th: First Arrests From Boca Bash 2021.
Boca Bash, which was canceled last year due to COVID, is an unofficial event where officials often look the other way while maritime laws, rules and regulations are violated through open containers, boating violations and other issues.
[MUST READ: West Boca Medical Center COVID Protocol Just Might Kill Someone].
From the Boca Bash Facebook page, “Most widely known for it’s large crowds and tolerance by law enforcement, it has become one of the most widely looked forward to parties of the year.“
Send your photos and observations to BocaNewsNow.com using our form below. If you are reading in a news app, use this link.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Woman Faces Six Years In Federal Prison On Illegal Boating Indictment
- Boca Raton Man, On Moped, Killed In Crash
- Jewish Man Ordered Off Delta Flight From Fort Lauderdale To NYC Over Hat
- MAN SAYS HE WAS SHOT IN HEAD BEHIND AURA APARTMENTS IN BOCA RATON
- Delray Beach Woman Charged With Neglect After Toddler Abused, Images Uploaded
- Boca Raton Man Tries To Avoid, But Kills, Hollywood Man Illegally Crossing Street
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-95 SHUT SOUTHBOUND IN BROWARD COUNTY
- UPDATE: DOUBLE FATAL CRASH IN WEST BOCA RATON MAY HAVE BEEN DUI RELATED
- Boca Raton Police Investigate Overnight Shooting Behind Aura