Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Rising, 3,371 Now Hospitalized In Florida.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — It is another significant rise in the COVID-19 positivity rate for Florida as the number of people hospitalized with COVID is again rising.
(News app readers access our full report).
The Florida Department of Health reports that the positivty rate based on tests recorded on Sunday is 7.28 percent. That is a rise from 6.85 percent on Saturday, 6.24 percent on Friday, and 5.93 percent on Thursday. These numbers do not include activity from Boca Bash where thousands of unmasked boaters converged on Lake Boca Sunday. The COVID impact of that event is at least a week away.
The rising positivity rate in Florida comes as 2,212,097 people have tested positivty for COVID-19. The death count is now 34,912. At least 89,534 people in Florida have been hospitalized for COVID-19.
In Palm Beach County, the positivty rate rose to 6.48 percent on Sunday. That is a six day high. There are now at least 141,747 COVID-19 cases in Palm Beach County where 2,751 people have died from COVID. The hospitalization count in Palm Beach County is now 6,707. The pediatric positivty rate — covering everyone 18 and under in Palm Beach County — is holding at 14.7 percent.
The Agency for Health Care Administration says 3,371 people are hospitalized with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19 in Florida as of 3:45 p.m. In Palm Beach County, 210 are hospitalized — that is a increase over numbers recorded over the past several days.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- ALERT: Florida Freedom Keepers Plans Rally At Patch Reef Park, Authorities Warn
- Hit and Run Charge Filed Against Delray Beach Man
- GOOD COVID NEWS FLORIDA? All Numbers Dropping
- Enhanced DUI Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Woman
- CLAIM: Woman Critically Injured In Boca Raton Town Center Mall Lot
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors
- Woman Vomits In Town Center Mall Parking Lot, Is Charged With DUI