Palm Beach County Positivity Rate Again Over 7 Percent. Huge Hospitalization Jump.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The COVID situation in Florida continues to be a problem, with 37,929 new cases added in just the past week. Palm Beach County’s positivity rate is at its highest in more than a week, and the PBC’s hospitalization count just shot up.
(News app readers access our full report).
The latest report from the Florida Department of Health shows a sizable jump day-to-day, with 3,609 new cases added to Florida’s tally on Sunday, and 5,280 new cases added on Monday. Florida’s positivity rate is 6.92 percent.
Statewide, there are now 2,217,368 confirmed COVID-19 cases, with 34,958 deaths. At least 89,808 people have been hospitalized in Florida with COVID-19.
In Palm Beach County, 142,053 people have tested positive for COVID-19 with 2,755 deaths. At least 6,736 people have been hospitalized in Palm Beach County. The positivity rate for Palm Beach County is now 7.07 percent, the highest in more than a week. At least 217 people are currently hospitalized with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19, according to the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration. That is the highest local hospital count in weeks.
Broward County reports 483 people are hospitalized with COVID-19. Miami-Dade reports 553.
The positivity rate among children in Palm Beach County is also extremely high. The Florida Department of Health says the pediatric positivity rate in Palm Beach County is now 14.7 percent. Pediatric is defined as 18 and under.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- ALERT: Florida Freedom Keepers Plans Rally At Patch Reef Park, Authorities Warn
- Hit and Run Charge Filed Against Delray Beach Man
- GOOD COVID NEWS FLORIDA? All Numbers Dropping
- Enhanced DUI Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Woman
- CLAIM: Woman Critically Injured In Boca Raton Town Center Mall Lot
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors
- Woman Vomits In Town Center Mall Parking Lot, Is Charged With DUI