BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Florida just can’t kick COVID-19. The Florida Department of Health reports another 5700 cases were logged on Wednesday. That’s the highest new case count since April 23rd.
(News app readers access our full report).
The state’s positivity rate held at roughly the same level for two days: 5.74 percent on April 27th, and 5.73 percent on April 28th.
Florida has now logged 2,228,212 COVID-19 cases with 35,084 deaths. The hospitalization count is now 90,262 — the number of people hospitalized in Florida over the past year with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19.”
In Palm Beach County, the total infected number is now 142,829 with 2,767 deaths. At least 6,756 people have been hospitalized with COVID-19 in Palm Beach County. The pediatric positivity rate in PBC is holding at 14.7 percent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SEVEN BRIDGES: Swingers, Seniors Fight Stability For Soul Of Community
- COVID ALERT: Palm Beach County Elevated To Critical
- NO BIG DEAL: Looks Like System Is Dissipating
- Delray Beach Bartender Charged With DUI
- Tropical Depression Could Form Within Day
- FLORIDA COVID: More Than 14K Cases Recorded On Friday, 148 Deaths
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Child Neglect, Weapon Charge
- Get Paid To Get A COVID Shot In Boca Raton
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested