BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Florida just can’t kick COVID-19. The Florida Department of Health reports another 5700 cases were logged on Wednesday. That’s the highest new case count since April 23rd.
(News app readers access our full report).
The state’s positivity rate held at roughly the same level for two days: 5.74 percent on April 27th, and 5.73 percent on April 28th.
Florida has now logged 2,228,212 COVID-19 cases with 35,084 deaths. The hospitalization count is now 90,262 — the number of people hospitalized in Florida over the past year with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19.”
In Palm Beach County, the total infected number is now 142,829 with 2,767 deaths. At least 6,756 people have been hospitalized with COVID-19 in Palm Beach County. The pediatric positivity rate in PBC is holding at 14.7 percent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 877-5FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton, Delray Beach Home Values Dropping, Selling Fast
- Rental Assistance Offered By City of Boynton Beach
- Florida Residents Scammed By Former NFL Player Says DOJ
- BOCA POLICE: Teen Uses Stolen Credit Card But Her Real Address, Is Busted
- New Voting Rules: Palm Beach County Holds Town Hall Meeting Thursday
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Almost In “Green” COVID Zone
- POLICE: Sexual Predator Moves To West Boca Raton
- SILENCE: Emmitt Smith, The Boca Raton Silent On “Go Pink” Controversy
- REVEALED: We Have New Palm Beach School Superintendent’s Salary