BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Florida just can’t kick COVID-19. The Florida Department of Health reports another 5700 cases were logged on Wednesday. That’s the highest new case count since April 23rd.
(News app readers access our full report).
The state’s positivity rate held at roughly the same level for two days: 5.74 percent on April 27th, and 5.73 percent on April 28th.
Florida has now logged 2,228,212 COVID-19 cases with 35,084 deaths. The hospitalization count is now 90,262 — the number of people hospitalized in Florida over the past year with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19.”
In Palm Beach County, the total infected number is now 142,829 with 2,767 deaths. At least 6,756 people have been hospitalized with COVID-19 in Palm Beach County. The pediatric positivity rate in PBC is holding at 14.7 percent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- ALERT: Florida Freedom Keepers Plans Rally At Patch Reef Park, Authorities Warn
- Hit and Run Charge Filed Against Delray Beach Man
- GOOD COVID NEWS FLORIDA? All Numbers Dropping
- Enhanced DUI Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Woman
- CLAIM: Woman Critically Injured In Boca Raton Town Center Mall Lot
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors
- Woman Vomits In Town Center Mall Parking Lot, Is Charged With DUI