DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office has arrested Delray Beach Police Officer Luis Bonet. Bonet allegedly hit a marked PBSO cruiser Thursday morning on Military Trail. He is charged with DUI.
Here is the official statement from Delray Beach Police. We note that the Palm Beach County Jail is not releasing Officer Bonet’s booking photo.
(News app readers access our full report).
OFFICIAL STATEMENT: On April 29, 2021 at approximately 1:00 a.m., Detective Luis Bonet was arrested for his involvement in a vehicle crash near the intersection of Melaleuca Lane and Military Trail. Detective Bonet was arrested by the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office for Driving Under the Influence and transported to the Palm Beach County Jail. At the time of the traffic crash, Detective Bonet, who was off-duty, was driving his assigned unmarked police vehicle and struck a marked Sheriff’s Office vehicle. No parties involved in the traffic crash were injured. Detective Bonet has been placed on administrative leave with pay. He has been with the Delray Beach Police Department since June 26, 2017. Detective Bonet is currently assigned to the Investigative Division.
“I would like to express my disappointment in Detective Bonet’s actions and want to reassure the public this behavior is not in line with the values of the Delray Beach Police Department. Driving while impaired is a serious crime. Thankfully, no one was injured.” Chief Javaro Sims.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s office is conducting the criminal investigation.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH SCHOOL TEACHERS: “We’ll Reward Kids Who Wear Masks”
- COVID CRISIS FLORIDA: State Reports Another 16,935 Infections, 140 Deaths
- ARMED ROBBERY OUTSIDE TOWN CENTER MALL: Boca Raton Police Investigate
- UPDATE: Hurricane Center Now Says Two Systems Forming
- LAWSUIT: Don’t Burn The Body! Boca Raton Woman Set For Cremation, Son Says Stop…
- Daniel Porush, “Wolf Of Boca Raton,” Jailed On DUI Charge
- FLORIDA: At Least 40 Children Admitted To Hospitals For COVID On Monday
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: COVID Positive Children Must Miss First Days
- One Wave To Die, But Another Is Forming Says National Hurricane Center