Emergency Repair Underway. Florida Turnpike Glades Road Ramps Closed Until Further Notice.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Florida Department of Transportation just issued an emergency advisory, effective 5:11 p.m. Friday, April 30th:
“Full closure of ALL Florida Turnpike Entrance and Exit Ramps to Glades Road” is now in effect. Crews are repairing a damaged power line.
“These ramps will reopen as soon as possible,” said the DOT.
The Glades Road entrance and exit ramps are already in the midst of a construction project as toll booths were removed and replaced with Sunpass transponder and license plate readers. The removal of the toll booths has led to a major construction project. Traffic lanes are being adjusted — removing toll booths created more space.
It was not immediately clear if the power line issue is related to the toll booth removal project.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors
- Woman Vomits In Town Center Mall Parking Lot, Is Charged With DUI
- COVID FLORIDA: Positivity Drops Into 4’s For First Time In Months, But Infections Rising
- Publix Ignores Maskless Woman As Stunned Shoppers Ask Her To Cover Mouth, Nose
- CLAIM: Inmate Stabbed In Cell, Boca Raton’s GEO Group Liable
- Mask Mandate Alive In Palm Beach County, Officials Say Cops May Enforce
- Tweets By Boca Raton Teacher About Guns, Masks, The Lord Under Scrutiny
- Firehouse Subs Boca Raton Cited By Health Inspector
- DRIVE-BY SHOOTING BOCA RATON: One Shot On I-95 At Yamato