BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — If you’re a “glass half full” person, you may look at Florida’s COVID-19 positivity rate and think there is progress. If you’re a “glass half empty” person, you may look at the numbers and think it’s a sign of doom and gloom. If you’re a person who is just inquisitivate, you may ask why the numbers aren’t moving at all.
(News app readers access our full report).
For the past three days, Florida’s positivity rate has been recored as 5.75, 5.72 and 5.66. A statisticaly insignifcant change day-to-day. While certainly better than numbers in the 6s and 7s, the freeze is notable. It means there is no change in the level of COVID-19 being spread throughout the state.
The latest positivity rate comes as Florida’s Department of Health reports 5,311 new COVID-19 cases.
Statewide, there are now 2,233,518 confimed COVID-19 cases with 35,161 deaths. The hospitalization count — this is cumulative — is now 90,489.
In Palm Beach County, the total infection count is 143,129 with 2,770 deaths. At least 6,764 people have been hospitalized with COVID-19.
While the news may not be “great,” it could be considered “good.” Palm Beach County has held at a 5.04 percent positivity rate for the past two days. That’s down from 5.19 on Tuesday and 7.13 percent on Monday. Most COVID restrictions started at roughly the 5 percent positivity rate mark.
The pediatric positivity rate for Palm Beach County remains at 14.7 percent. That includes ages 18 and under.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SECURITY ALERT: Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport Evacuated
- HAMMER TIME: Boca Raton Woman Allegedly Hits Husband On Head With Hammer
- Body Found On Side Of Palm Beach County Road, FHP Asks For Tips
- Body Found In North Broward Burning Car
- Boomers Boca Raton Sued Again, Another Go-Kart Claim
- KINGS POINT ARREST: Man Allegedly Burglarizes Neighbor, Is Hit With Baseball Bat
- NEED A JOB? Palm Beach County School District Sets Major Hiring Event
- OLYMPIC HEIGHTS HIGH SCHOOL: Report Of Gas Leak Brings Fire Response
- FAU Heads To Final Four, What’s Your Florida Atlantic Story?