BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — If you’re a “glass half full” person, you may look at Florida’s COVID-19 positivity rate and think there is progress. If you’re a “glass half empty” person, you may look at the numbers and think it’s a sign of doom and gloom. If you’re a person who is just inquisitivate, you may ask why the numbers aren’t moving at all.
(News app readers access our full report).
For the past three days, Florida’s positivity rate has been recored as 5.75, 5.72 and 5.66. A statisticaly insignifcant change day-to-day. While certainly better than numbers in the 6s and 7s, the freeze is notable. It means there is no change in the level of COVID-19 being spread throughout the state.
The latest positivity rate comes as Florida’s Department of Health reports 5,311 new COVID-19 cases.
Statewide, there are now 2,233,518 confimed COVID-19 cases with 35,161 deaths. The hospitalization count — this is cumulative — is now 90,489.
In Palm Beach County, the total infection count is 143,129 with 2,770 deaths. At least 6,764 people have been hospitalized with COVID-19.
While the news may not be “great,” it could be considered “good.” Palm Beach County has held at a 5.04 percent positivity rate for the past two days. That’s down from 5.19 on Tuesday and 7.13 percent on Monday. Most COVID restrictions started at roughly the 5 percent positivity rate mark.
The pediatric positivity rate for Palm Beach County remains at 14.7 percent. That includes ages 18 and under.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Fire Rescue Truck In Crash At Powerline and Palmetto Park, Road Closed
- COVID: Palm Beach County Back To Green Zone, “Low Risk” Says Kinsa
- Man Crashes Into Tree, Is Killed In West Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Sues Police, Arrested On Own Property With Gun, Permit
- Delray Beach Man Calls 911 Repeatedly To Complain About Police
- TRAFFIC REMINDER: Glades Road I-95 Ramp To Close This Weekend
- ELECTIONS: Deadline Is Saturday For Vote-By-Mail Ballot
- Delray Beach Man Convicted Of Sending Spy Equipment To Libya
- Palm Beach County Commissioner Slams Governor DeSantis On Vaccine Stance