Change Announced Late Friday. Effective Immediately.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Palm Beach County just amended its mandatory mask executive order to reflect new CDC guidance.
This is the new language released Friday evening:
“Public Places – Facial Coverings Required. Facial coverings must be worn by all persons in public places where social distancing in accordance with CDC guidelines is not possible or not being practiced. Fully vaccinated people can participate in outdoor activities and recreation without a facial covering or mask, except in certain crowded settings and venues where there is a decreased ability to maintain physical distance. For purposes of this provision, public places shall include any outdoor areas that are open and regularly accessible, including, but not limited to, common areas within private communities accessible to more than one housing unit.”
All other mandates and orders remain in effect. The mask mandate continues at least through mid-May.
The alteration comes as we reported on one commissioner seen not wearing a mask at a Palm Beach County school event. Read that coverage here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- ALERT: Florida Freedom Keepers Plans Rally At Patch Reef Park, Authorities Warn
- Hit and Run Charge Filed Against Delray Beach Man
- GOOD COVID NEWS FLORIDA? All Numbers Dropping
- Enhanced DUI Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Woman
- CLAIM: Woman Critically Injured In Boca Raton Town Center Mall Lot
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors
- Woman Vomits In Town Center Mall Parking Lot, Is Charged With DUI