BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The COVID-19 positivity rate and new infection count have remained statistically the same for several days, raising questions as to whether Florida’s COVID-19 situation has plateaued.
The Florida Department of Health reports 5,425 new cases logged on Friday. That follows 5,288 on Thursday, 5,670 on Wednesday, and 5,121 on Tuesday.
The positivity rate for Friday’s cases is reported as 5.70 percent. That follows 5.64 percent on Thursday, 5.72 percent on Wednesday, and 5.75 percent on Tuesday.
Simply put: the numbers are statistically the same and suggest Florida’s hit a point where little may change in its fight against COVID. What that may mean for mandates, policies and guidelines is unclear. Many rules and restrictions went into effect when Florida hit a five percent positivity rate. A return to five percent may indicate a new normal.
Florida has now logged 2,238,937 COVID-19 cases. 35,239 people in Florida have died from COVID-19. The cumulative COVID-19 hospitalization count is 90,746.
In Palm Beach County, 143,471 COVID-19 cases have been logged with 2,770 deaths, The cumulative hospitalization count is now 6,773. Of note, Palm Beach County’s positivity rate — only for Friday — dropped to 4.79 percent. That is the lowest in at least two weeks.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Sentencing For Female Fraudster, Seven Bridges Homeowner, Delayed
- DEAD ROACHES FOUND IN BOCA RATON RESTAURANT
- KINGS POINT: Convicted Cyberstalker Re-Arrested
- Man In Dominant-Submissive Relationship Submits To Feds, Sentenced To 50 Years
- Free School Supplies Available For 2022-23 Palm Beach County Students
- Boca Raton Mobile Home Destroyed Overnight In Blaze
- SWIMMING? These Area Pools Are Unsatisfactory, Says Health Dept.
- RESTRAINING DISABLED CHILDREN: PB Schools Set To Adopt Policy In Days
- TRAFFIC AHEAD: Expect Delays, Road Closures This Week In Palm Beach County