BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Palm Beach County School District is transmitting a robocall to 180,000 students and families reminding them that masks are still mandatory in all Palm Beach County School District buildings.
The urgent robocall comes as Florida Governor Ron DeSantis announced Monday that he is invalidating all emergency COVID-19 orders that are in place at the local level. COVID, according to DeSantis, is over.
But Palm Beach County School District officials say that they never issued an emergency order. Instead, the school district school board set a rule — something the board has authorization to do. That rule remains in effect until further notice.
All students, teachers, parents or employees entering a Palm Beach County School District building are still required to wear a facial covering over their nose and mouth. Failure to do so can result in that person being ordered from the building.
We remind anyone attempting to test the rule: trespass is still actionable, and the school district and declare a mask violator to be trespassing.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Get Paid To Get A COVID Shot In Boca Raton
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop