BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Palm Beach County School District is transmitting a robocall to 180,000 students and families reminding them that masks are still mandatory in all Palm Beach County School District buildings.
The urgent robocall comes as Florida Governor Ron DeSantis announced Monday that he is invalidating all emergency COVID-19 orders that are in place at the local level. COVID, according to DeSantis, is over.
But Palm Beach County School District officials say that they never issued an emergency order. Instead, the school district school board set a rule — something the board has authorization to do. That rule remains in effect until further notice.
All students, teachers, parents or employees entering a Palm Beach County School District building are still required to wear a facial covering over their nose and mouth. Failure to do so can result in that person being ordered from the building.
We remind anyone attempting to test the rule: trespass is still actionable, and the school district and declare a mask violator to be trespassing.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Fire Rescue Truck In Crash At Powerline and Palmetto Park, Road Closed
- COVID: Palm Beach County Back To Green Zone, “Low Risk” Says Kinsa
- Man Crashes Into Tree, Is Killed In West Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Sues Police, Arrested On Own Property With Gun, Permit
- Delray Beach Man Calls 911 Repeatedly To Complain About Police
- TRAFFIC REMINDER: Glades Road I-95 Ramp To Close This Weekend
- ELECTIONS: Deadline Is Saturday For Vote-By-Mail Ballot
- Delray Beach Man Convicted Of Sending Spy Equipment To Libya
- Palm Beach County Commissioner Slams Governor DeSantis On Vaccine Stance