Mask Order Is Now A “Policy.” Police May Cite, Arrest For Trespass.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — How do you get around Florida Governor Ron DeSantis’ removal of emergency COVID-19 orders requiring mask use? You call a mask mandate a “policy” and tell police that they can charge violators with trespass.
It’s the latest response from Palm Beach County Officials who say nothing has changed when it comes to government buildings, courthouses, public transit, schools and more.
(News app readers access our full report).
This is the official statement from Palm Beach County issued Wednesday afternoon:
“In response to the Governor’s order 21-102 issued May 2, 2021, to suspend all local government mandates in place due to COVID-19 and in a continued effort to protect employees and the public, facial coverings or masks will continue to be required by employees and the public while conducting business in county buildings. The county will continue to follow all CDC guidelines and executive orders.
Until further notice, it is the County’s policy that individuals must wear a facial covering or mask and social distance from other individuals while indoors on County Property. County Property includes all County-owned and County-leased buildings where Palm Beach County’s offices, divisions, departments or Constitutional Offices conduct business.
Further, in accordance with federal regulations facial coverings or masks are required on all county operated transit. Law Enforcement is authorized to issue a trespass warning and remove any individuals not in compliance with this policy.”
Major companies, including Publix, Walmart, Target, Walgreens, CVS and more say their mask mandates continues in all stores. Anyone not wearing a mask is also subject to trespass charges.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Florida Woman Calls 911 To Complain Delray Police Said Don’t Call 911
- MAJOR HURRICANE: Forecasters Expect Fast Strengthening For Storm East Of Florida
- TROPICAL DEPRESSION 18 FORMS, PAY ATTENTION FLORIDA
- Palm Beach County School Board To Discuss New “Quarantine” Rule At Today’s Meeting
- FDLE: Boca Raton Officers Not Yet Cleared In July Shooting
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: 10,000 COVID CASES BY CHRISTMAS?
- HURRICANE CENTER: Another Tropical Depression Expected To Form Today
- POLICE: Boca Raton Man Claimed Girlfriend Had Knife, Pills, So Batters Her To Save Her
- FAU Henderson University School Ranked Second In USA For K-5