BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — It’s another mixed bag of COVID-19 news for Florida, but there is a potentially very good sign.
First, the bad news: the number of new COVID-19 infections has risen steadily every day for the past four days. The “new case count” number was 3,134 on May 2nd. The May 5th number — just released — is 4,623.
(News app readers access our full report).
But the positivity rate is now 4.99 percent — based on Wednesday’s numbers reported today. It’s the first time Florida has dropped below 5 percent in months. The positivity rate was 5.14 percent on Tuesday and 6.11 percent on Monday. It’s a move in the right direction. Whether this is an anomaly or a trend remains to be seen.
Statewide, there are now 2,258,433 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida with 35,549 deaths. At least 91,652 have been hospitalized with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19.”
In Palm Beach County, the positivity rate has remained under 5 percent for two days. It was 4.57 percent on Tuesday and 4.44 percent on Wednesday. The total COVID-19 case count for Palm Beach County is now 144,615, with 2,781 deaths. At least 6,842 people have been hospitalized in Palm Beach County with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19.”
The Palm Beach County pediatric positivity rate remains at 14.7 percent.
All data is provided by the Florida Department of Health and the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County Residents Among Many Charged With COVID, Healthcare Fraud
- Still At It: Parents Sue Palm Beach County Schools Over Masks
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Hits Car, Drives Away With Two Flat Tires
- Flying United Airlines Today? Massive Systems Issue Affecting Flights, More
- Two Tropical Depressions Likely To Form Over Weekend Says Hurricane Center
- FLORIDA COVID: Ventilator Use Rises As Hospitalizations Fall
- SEEMAN HOLTZ: As Fraud Investigation Continues, Court Assigns Monitor
- Boca Raton Man Charged With DUI, Resisting, Fleeing, More
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Systems Forming East Of Florida Thursday