BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — It’s another mixed bag of COVID-19 news for Florida, but there is a potentially very good sign.
First, the bad news: the number of new COVID-19 infections has risen steadily every day for the past four days. The “new case count” number was 3,134 on May 2nd. The May 5th number — just released — is 4,623.
(News app readers access our full report).
But the positivity rate is now 4.99 percent — based on Wednesday’s numbers reported today. It’s the first time Florida has dropped below 5 percent in months. The positivity rate was 5.14 percent on Tuesday and 6.11 percent on Monday. It’s a move in the right direction. Whether this is an anomaly or a trend remains to be seen.
Statewide, there are now 2,258,433 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida with 35,549 deaths. At least 91,652 have been hospitalized with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19.”
In Palm Beach County, the positivity rate has remained under 5 percent for two days. It was 4.57 percent on Tuesday and 4.44 percent on Wednesday. The total COVID-19 case count for Palm Beach County is now 144,615, with 2,781 deaths. At least 6,842 people have been hospitalized in Palm Beach County with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19.”
The Palm Beach County pediatric positivity rate remains at 14.7 percent.
All data is provided by the Florida Department of Health and the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Bridges Hit By Car Burglars, Latest Along Lyons To Be Targeted
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Threatens To Shoot Girlfriend’s Friend, Is Arrested
- SIRENS: Dead In Tuscany Delray, Trauma At Olympic Heights High, Fire At Walmart
- Now 11,048 COVID-19 Cases Logged In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Man, Walking, Struck And Killed By Vehicle
- LOTUS HIT: Car Stolen, Multiple Cars Burglarized In Community Where Gates Are Left Open
- SIRENS: Animal Bite In Boca Raton, Overdose In Delray, Critical Crash Near Publix
- CHILLY: It’s Just 46 Degrees In South Palm Beach County Monday Morning
- CRITICAL AGAIN: KINSA Raises Palm Beach County COVID Risk