BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — It’s another mixed bag of COVID-19 news for Florida, but there is a potentially very good sign.
First, the bad news: the number of new COVID-19 infections has risen steadily every day for the past four days. The “new case count” number was 3,134 on May 2nd. The May 5th number — just released — is 4,623.
(News app readers access our full report).
But the positivity rate is now 4.99 percent — based on Wednesday’s numbers reported today. It’s the first time Florida has dropped below 5 percent in months. The positivity rate was 5.14 percent on Tuesday and 6.11 percent on Monday. It’s a move in the right direction. Whether this is an anomaly or a trend remains to be seen.
Statewide, there are now 2,258,433 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida with 35,549 deaths. At least 91,652 have been hospitalized with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19.”
In Palm Beach County, the positivity rate has remained under 5 percent for two days. It was 4.57 percent on Tuesday and 4.44 percent on Wednesday. The total COVID-19 case count for Palm Beach County is now 144,615, with 2,781 deaths. At least 6,842 people have been hospitalized in Palm Beach County with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19.”
The Palm Beach County pediatric positivity rate remains at 14.7 percent.
All data is provided by the Florida Department of Health and the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Man, With White Claw Beer, Lunges At Cop
- AIRPORT PARKING: Again, Fort Lauderdale Says Garages Full, Opens Overflow
- CLAUDETTE FORMS: Tropical Storm Battering Coast, Florida In Warning Zone
- NOT CLAUDETTE YET: Hurricane Center Says Storm Growing, But Not Named Yet
- Bonefish Grill Sued After Boca Raton Slip and Fall
- Nearly 4000 Palm Beach School District Students, Staffers, Tested Positive For COVID-19
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed On DUI Charge, “Did What She Pleased”
- TROPICAL STORM WARNING: Florida In Forecast For Latest System
- Man Charged In Delray Beach LGBTQ Crosswalk Vandalism