BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — It’s another mixed bag of COVID-19 news for Florida, but there is a potentially very good sign.
First, the bad news: the number of new COVID-19 infections has risen steadily every day for the past four days. The “new case count” number was 3,134 on May 2nd. The May 5th number — just released — is 4,623.
(News app readers access our full report).
But the positivity rate is now 4.99 percent — based on Wednesday’s numbers reported today. It’s the first time Florida has dropped below 5 percent in months. The positivity rate was 5.14 percent on Tuesday and 6.11 percent on Monday. It’s a move in the right direction. Whether this is an anomaly or a trend remains to be seen.
Statewide, there are now 2,258,433 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida with 35,549 deaths. At least 91,652 have been hospitalized with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19.”
In Palm Beach County, the positivity rate has remained under 5 percent for two days. It was 4.57 percent on Tuesday and 4.44 percent on Wednesday. The total COVID-19 case count for Palm Beach County is now 144,615, with 2,781 deaths. At least 6,842 people have been hospitalized in Palm Beach County with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19.”
The Palm Beach County pediatric positivity rate remains at 14.7 percent.
All data is provided by the Florida Department of Health and the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TROPICAL DEPRESSION FORMS: In Gulf of Mexico, West Of Florida
- Seven Bridges Delray Beach Resident Arrested In West Palm Beach
- NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER: System In Gulf Is Developing
- Valencia Isles Sues Homeowner, Renter Over “Outrageous Behavior”
- National Hurricane Center Still Watching System In Gulf
- A Predator Just Moved To A New Neighborhood, PBSO Wants You To Know Where
- STRANGULATION ARREST: Delray Beach Man Fights With Wife Over Lunchbox
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System In Gulf, Florida In Extended Forecast
- WHERE IS HALEY? Broward Detectives Looking For Missing 15-Year-Old Girl