Lawsuit Filed When Home Depot Promises Fix, Then Ghosts Customer.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A lawsuit just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court alleges that Home Depot’s installation of impact windows on an area home was so bad, an inspector from Palm Beach County ordered every window removed and replaced. Then, after agreeing to do it, Home Depot ghosted the customer.
According to the lawsuit, the customer was concerned before spending nearly $16,000 on the windows that Home Depot would use a problematic subcontractor. Despite assurances from a local Home Depot rep that only “reputable” subcontractors are hired, the homeowner’s fears apparently came true when a company by the name of “BNB Construction” was hired to install the impact glass.
The installation, according to the lawsuit, was so bad that a building inspector ordered all windows removed and replaced. Home Depot initially agreed, promised to ordered new windows, and even offered the customers a 15 percent refund on the money they paid. But then the Home Depot rep vanished.
“Home Depot has completely abandoned the (Plaintiffs),” states the filing, “refusing to communicate with them and deliberately failing to to adhere to their representations, resulting in the home being in disarray, in violation of the Code and vulnerable to weather and intrusion.”
Home Depot heavily promotes its installation services, especially for high ticket items like impact windows, which can cost tens of thousands of dollars for large homes.
No immediate response was filed by Home Depot. BNB Construction’s website was offline early Friday morning.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- One Dead In Delray Beach Shooting
- CLAIM: The Bridge Sober Home Let Client Use Drugs, Die
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Continues To Form, Next Name Is Claudette
- Hyundai GV80 Subject Of Class Action Lawsuit Filed By Boca Raton Attorney
- UPDATE: Boca Raton Resident Shot Guest In Leg
- FAU STUDY: Great Way To Avoid Dying In Car Crash Is Working From Home
- SHOOTING IN BOCA RATON: Police On Scene, Gunman On Loose
- HURRICANE CENTER: Bill To Dissipate, But There’s Another System To Watch
- COPS: Boca Raton Man Hid Cocaine In Vitamin Container