Positivity Rate Just 3.69 Percent In Palm Beach County, Lowest In A Year.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Keeping in mind that good Florida numbers often seem to run in sync with COVID narratives being presented by Florida Governor Ron DeSantis and his administration, the Florida Department of Health infection and positivity rate reports over the past several days indicate very good news for the sunshine state.
Florida logged 3,976 new COVID-19 cases on Friday. The numbers were 4,288 on Thursday, and 4,601 on Wednesday — suggesting that we are in the midst of a significant downturn in new infections.
The positivity rate is dropping as well. The DOH reports 4.67 percent on Friday. The numbers were 4.69 percent on Thursday, 4.98 on Wednesday, 5.14 on Tuesday, and 6.12 percent on Monday. That’s five days of drops. Also good news.
Palm Beach County’s hospital count for ICU patients with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19 is also at a recent low — 196 as of 5:45 p.m. on Saturday. The Florida Agency for Health Care Administation reported numbers in the 220s earlier this week.
Florida now has recorded at least 2,266,575 COVID-19 infections with 35,700 deaths. At least 92,023 people in Florida have been hospitalized with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19.
In Palm Beach County, where the positivity rate is now at a year-long-low of 3.69 percent, at least 145,126 people have tested positive for COVID-19 with 2,788 deaths. At least 6,860 people in Palm Beach County have been hospitalized with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TROPICAL STORM SAM FORMS, EXPECTED TO BECOME MAJOR HURRICANE, NOW EAST OF FLORIDA
- Florida Woman Calls 911 To Complain Delray Police Said Don’t Call 911
- MAJOR HURRICANE: Forecasters Expect Fast Strengthening For Storm East Of Florida
- TROPICAL DEPRESSION 18 FORMS, PAY ATTENTION FLORIDA
- Palm Beach County School Board To Discuss New “Quarantine” Rule At Today’s Meeting
- FDLE: Boca Raton Officers Not Yet Cleared In July Shooting
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: 10,000 COVID CASES BY CHRISTMAS?
- HURRICANE CENTER: Another Tropical Depression Expected To Form Today
- POLICE: Boca Raton Man Claimed Girlfriend Had Knife, Pills, So Batters Her To Save Her