Positivity Rate Just 3.69 Percent In Palm Beach County, Lowest In A Year.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Keeping in mind that good Florida numbers often seem to run in sync with COVID narratives being presented by Florida Governor Ron DeSantis and his administration, the Florida Department of Health infection and positivity rate reports over the past several days indicate very good news for the sunshine state.
Florida logged 3,976 new COVID-19 cases on Friday. The numbers were 4,288 on Thursday, and 4,601 on Wednesday — suggesting that we are in the midst of a significant downturn in new infections.
The positivity rate is dropping as well. The DOH reports 4.67 percent on Friday. The numbers were 4.69 percent on Thursday, 4.98 on Wednesday, 5.14 on Tuesday, and 6.12 percent on Monday. That’s five days of drops. Also good news.
Palm Beach County’s hospital count for ICU patients with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19 is also at a recent low — 196 as of 5:45 p.m. on Saturday. The Florida Agency for Health Care Administation reported numbers in the 220s earlier this week.
Florida now has recorded at least 2,266,575 COVID-19 infections with 35,700 deaths. At least 92,023 people in Florida have been hospitalized with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19.
In Palm Beach County, where the positivity rate is now at a year-long-low of 3.69 percent, at least 145,126 people have tested positive for COVID-19 with 2,788 deaths. At least 6,860 people in Palm Beach County have been hospitalized with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- WEST BOCA RATON: Cops Rescue Woman, Shoot Man In Head
- Man Severs Hand In Fireworks Accident, Hand, Man Transported To Hospital Separately
- SHOOTING: West Boca Raton Man Accidentally Shoots Self
- TRAVEL TROUBLE: Thousands Of Flights Delayed, Hundreds Canceled As Of Saturday Afternoon
- Fireworks Set For West Boca Raton, Here’s The Information You Need
- LAWSUIT: Encore Boca Raton Care So Poor, Skin Deteriorated
- Woman Allegedly Pours Milk On Man, He Calls Cops, Ends Up In Jail
- TRAVEL MELTDOWN: JetBlue Delays 38 Fort Lauderdale Flights, Spirt 24
- STORM WATCH: Now Two Disturbances Being Watched, Florida Threat Low