Statewide and Palm Beach County Numbers Jump.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Several days of good news is behind us as the Florida Department of Health just reported a significant jump in the COVID-19 positivity rate.
After hitting a recent low of 4.66 percent on Friday, health officials now say it’s back up over 5, settling at 5.32 percent for Saturday. While not a crisis, it is the end of a trend suggesting that Florida was heading into a very good place.
In Palm Beach County, the positivity rate jumped from 3.70 percent to 4.82 percent for tests logged on Saturday.
Statewide, at least 2,269,806 people have tested positive for COVID-19 in Florida, while 35,731 have died. At least 92,086 people have been hospitalized with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19.
Palm Beach County now reports 145,331 total COVID-19 infections with 2,788 deaths. At least 6,868 people in Palm Beach County were hospitalized with a primary diagnosis of COVID-19.
In Broward County, at least 239,941 people have tested positive for COVID-19. 2,964 died. The total COVID-19 hospitalization count in Broward is 10,184.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Casa D’Angelo Boca Raton Warned By Health Inspector
- BODY COUNT GROWS: Florida Loses Another 61 To COVID-19 On Monday
- Boca Bridges Hit By Car Burglars, Latest Along Lyons To Be Targeted
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Threatens To Shoot Girlfriend’s Friend, Is Arrested
- SIRENS: Dead In Tuscany Delray, Trauma At Olympic Heights High, Fire At Walmart
- Now 11,048 COVID-19 Cases Logged In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Man, Walking, Struck And Killed By Vehicle
- LOTUS HIT: Car Stolen, Multiple Cars Burglarized In Community Where Gates Are Left Open
- SIRENS: Animal Bite In Boca Raton, Overdose In Delray, Critical Crash Near Publix