BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Florida Highway Patrol troopers found and arrested a Delray Beach man Saturday night after an alleged hit and run crash.
Michael Balog of the 200 block of SE 1st Avenue in Delray Beach was jailed just before 10:30 p.m. following his apprehension by FHP. He is officially charged with “Hit and Run — fail to stop or remain at a crash involving injury other than serious bodily injury.”
Balog was released just before 5 a.m. on $1000 bond.
The affidavit of probable cause continues to be processed early Sunday morning. It was not immediately clear where the crash occurred, the nature of the injuries, or how Balog was located. FHP traditionally patrols I-95 and Florida’s Turnpike.
A court date is pending.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: Boca Raton Man Claimed Girlfriend Had Knife, Pills, So Batters Her To Save Her
- FAU Henderson University School Ranked Second In USA For K-5
- Woman Slips On Pool Deck, Sues Boca’s Broken Sound Country Club
- HURRICANE CENTER: Keep An Eye On Growing System East Of Florida
- FEDS: Local Man, “Dandy Daddy,” Sentenced To Eight Years In Prison
- Flanigan’s Boca Raton Cited For Flying Insects
- GAS LEAK: Airport Road In Boca Raton Closed
- STRAIGHT OUTTA KINGS POINT: Stalking, Murder Threat Charges Filed
- COVID Cases Rise In Palm Beach County School District