BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Florida Highway Patrol troopers found and arrested a Delray Beach man Saturday night after an alleged hit and run crash.
Michael Balog of the 200 block of SE 1st Avenue in Delray Beach was jailed just before 10:30 p.m. following his apprehension by FHP. He is officially charged with “Hit and Run — fail to stop or remain at a crash involving injury other than serious bodily injury.”
Balog was released just before 5 a.m. on $1000 bond.
The affidavit of probable cause continues to be processed early Sunday morning. It was not immediately clear where the crash occurred, the nature of the injuries, or how Balog was located. FHP traditionally patrols I-95 and Florida’s Turnpike.
A court date is pending.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Nearly 4000 Palm Beach School District Students, Staffers, Tested Positive For COVID-19
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed On DUI Charge, “Did What She Pleased”
- TROPICAL STORM WARNING: Florida In Forecast For Latest System
- Man Charged In Delray Beach LGBTQ Crosswalk Vandalism
- One Dead In Delray Beach Shooting
- CLAIM: The Bridge Sober Home Let Client Use Drugs, Die
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Continues To Form, Next Name Is Claudette
- Hyundai GV80 Subject Of Class Action Lawsuit Filed By Boca Raton Attorney
- UPDATE: Boca Raton Resident Shot Guest In Leg