BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Despite lots of parental angst over masks, students, schools, and what happens next school year, the Palm Beach County School Board is not preparing to discuss the matter at the May 19th meeting.
The just released agend for the meeting includes 19 items, many with multiple sub-items. But not one has anything to do with masks.
Parents are already speaking out against the possiblity of a mask requirement when school resumes just 7 weeks after it ends on June 18th. The exceptionally short summer comes after the late start due to COVID-19.
Board members have said that they are interested in hearing feedback, but have yet to determine a date and time to listen to those for and against mask use during the 2021-2022 school year. It is possible that the upcoming agenda will be updated with a mask discussion as the meeting date nears.
The Palm Beach County Classroom Teacher Association, just days ago, asked the School Board to require masks at least through the end of this school year. There is no indication that the request will not be honored.
The CDC continues to call for mask use while indoors. Most school aged children are still not eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Man Severs Hand In Fireworks Accident, Hand, Man Transported To Hospital Separately
- SHOOTING: West Boca Raton Man Accidentally Shoots Self
- TRAVEL TROUBLE: Already 425 Flight Cancelations Saturday Morning
- Fireworks Set For West Boca Raton, Here’s The Information You Need
- LAWSUIT: Encore Boca Raton Care So Poor, Skin Deteriorated
- Woman Allegedly Pours Milk On Man, He Calls Cops, Ends Up In Jail
- TRAVEL MELTDOWN: JetBlue Delays 38 Fort Lauderdale Flights, Spirt 24
- STORM WATCH: Now Two Disturbances Being Watched, Florida Threat Low
- P.F. Chang’s In Boca Raton Cited Again By Health Inspector, Twice In Days