BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Despite lots of parental angst over masks, students, schools, and what happens next school year, the Palm Beach County School Board is not preparing to discuss the matter at the May 19th meeting.
The just released agend for the meeting includes 19 items, many with multiple sub-items. But not one has anything to do with masks.
Parents are already speaking out against the possiblity of a mask requirement when school resumes just 7 weeks after it ends on June 18th. The exceptionally short summer comes after the late start due to COVID-19.
Board members have said that they are interested in hearing feedback, but have yet to determine a date and time to listen to those for and against mask use during the 2021-2022 school year. It is possible that the upcoming agenda will be updated with a mask discussion as the meeting date nears.
The Palm Beach County Classroom Teacher Association, just days ago, asked the School Board to require masks at least through the end of this school year. There is no indication that the request will not be honored.
The CDC continues to call for mask use while indoors. Most school aged children are still not eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FEDS: Local Man, “Dandy Daddy,” Sentenced To Eight Years In Prison
- Flanigan’s Boca Raton Cited For Flying Insects
- GAS LEAK: Airport Road In Boca Raton Closed
- STRAIGHT OUTTA KINGS POINT: Stalking, Murder Threat Charges Filed
- COVID Cases Rise In Palm Beach County School District
- HURRICANE CENTER MONDAY: Peter, Rose And Another System East Of Florida
- TROPICAL STORM ROSE FORMS, JOINS PETER, TWO MORE BEING WATCHED
- FLORIDA: COVID Continues To Kill Nearly 200 A Day In Hospitals
- Anti-Masking Parent Suing Palm Beach Schools Was Arrested For Child Abuse