BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The number of new COVID-19 cases logged by Florida Health Department officials on Monday represents a huge jump from the day before, but the totals are looking a lot better than they have looked in a year.
On Sunday, 2,280 COVID-19 cases were recorded. On Monday, the new case count jumped to 3,281. While the 1001 case jump is massive, the total number of cases being reported daily is now significantly lower than the new case counts being logged just three weeks ago. On April 23rd, 7,279 new cases were logged. On April 28th, the number was 5,654.
The positivity rate statewide is holding. It was 5.0 percent for tests recorded on Monday. On Sunday the number was 4.97 percent. On Saturday it was 5.3.
By the numbers: there are now at least 2,275,365 confirmed COVID cases in Florida with 35,831 deaths.
In Palm Beach County, where the positivity rate is holding in the 4’s, the infection count is now 145,657 with 2,801 deaths.
There are 187 people in Palm Beach County Hospitals with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19” according to the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration as of 3 p.m. on Tuesday.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Casa D’Angelo Boca Raton Warned By Health Inspector
- BODY COUNT GROWS: Florida Loses Another 61 To COVID-19 On Monday
- Boca Bridges Hit By Car Burglars, Latest Along Lyons To Be Targeted
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Threatens To Shoot Girlfriend’s Friend, Is Arrested
- SIRENS: Dead In Tuscany Delray, Trauma At Olympic Heights High, Fire At Walmart
- Now 11,048 COVID-19 Cases Logged In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Man, Walking, Struck And Killed By Vehicle
- LOTUS HIT: Car Stolen, Multiple Cars Burglarized In Community Where Gates Are Left Open
- SIRENS: Animal Bite In Boca Raton, Overdose In Delray, Critical Crash Near Publix