Allegation Leads To Lawsuit Against Boca Raton’s Sunbeam Products, Inc.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Boca Raton-based Sunbeam Corp. is facing a products liability lawsuit after a woman claims she sustained third degree burns while using a heating pad.
Plaintiff Lisa Wright says she sustained the burns while using a Sunbeam heating pad on her chest, a claim allegedly substantiated by a doctor.
(News app readers access our full report).
From the suit: “On February 8, 2020, Lisa was suffering with inflammation in her chest that resulted in severe discomfort. As a solution to her pain, Ms. Wright placed the subject heating pad on her chest to reduce the inflammation. While using the subject heating pad, Lisa sustained severe third degree burins on her chest. The tissues on Lisa’s chest sustained severe and extensive third degree burns that spanned across her right breast, where the burns were concentrated. Dr. (Redacted) confirms the heating pad as the result of Ms. Wright’s injuries — reflecting that ‘the burns are located on the chest. The burns were caused by electrical contact. The skin at the site of th burns is red, oozing and white.”
The suit states that Wright has “suffered both extensive physical and mental trauma as a result of the injuries sustained.”
Sunbeam Products, Inc., is located at 2381 Executive Center Drive in Boca Raton. The company did not immediately respond to the court filing.
Ms. Wright is represented by Attorney Joshua Moore of Morgan and Morgan.
Read the complete suit, below. If you are reading in a news app and it does not appear, access here.SUNBEAM
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TROPICAL STORM SAM FORMS, EXPECTED TO BECOME MAJOR HURRICANE, NOW EAST OF FLORIDA
- Florida Woman Calls 911 To Complain Delray Police Said Don’t Call 911
- MAJOR HURRICANE: Forecasters Expect Fast Strengthening For Storm East Of Florida
- TROPICAL DEPRESSION 18 FORMS, PAY ATTENTION FLORIDA
- Palm Beach County School Board To Discuss New “Quarantine” Rule At Today’s Meeting
- FDLE: Boca Raton Officers Not Yet Cleared In July Shooting
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: 10,000 COVID CASES BY CHRISTMAS?
- HURRICANE CENTER: Another Tropical Depression Expected To Form Today
- POLICE: Boca Raton Man Claimed Girlfriend Had Knife, Pills, So Batters Her To Save Her