BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The Health Care District of Palm Beach County isn’t wasting time making COVID-19 vaccines available to residents aged 12-15. The CDC and FDA have approved the the Pfizer vaccine for this age group.
From the Health Care District in an official advisory: “To expand access to COVID-19 vaccinations for all eligible ages, including adolescents 12 through 15, the Health Care District of Palm Beach County will provide walk-up vaccinations next week with one of its mobile units in the parking lot of its Lantana clinic located at 1250 Southwinds Drive in Lantana, Florida. The hours of operation will be 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. next Monday, May 17th through Friday, May 21st, 2021. A parent or guardian must be present at the vaccination appointment of those who are 17 years old and younger.
“As we phase out vaccinations at our mass vaccination sites, the Health Care District is developing strategies to expand access to the COVID-19 vaccine through the targeted use of our mobile clinics,” said Darcy J. Davis, Chief Executive Officer of the Health Care District of Palm Beach County. “Now that the Pfizer vaccine is approved for children as young as 12, we identified our Lantana clinic as an ideal site to serve residents in the community.”
The Health Care District is also offering COVID-19 vaccinations to patients during regular doctor’s office visits at all of the nine C. L. Brumback Primary Care Clinic sites throughout the county, which are located in areas of need. Yesterday, the Health Care District reached a milestone by providing over 200,000 COVID-19 vaccinations in Palm Beach County.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID: Ventilator Use Rises As Hospitalizations Fall
- SEEMAN HOLTZ: As Fraud Investigation Continues, Court Assigns Monitor
- Boca Raton Man Charged With DUI, Resisting, Fleeing, More
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Systems Forming East Of Florida Thursday
- WEST BOCA HIGH TEACHER REINSTATED AFTER IMAGE CONTROVERSY
- UPDATE: Seven Bridges Homeowner Turned Off WiFi To Prevent 911 Call After Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID Deaths Back Into 200s For Tuesday
- COVID: 5,000 CASES IN PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS
- HURRICANE CENTER: 90 Percent Chance System Forms East Of Florida