BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
FORT LAUDERDALE, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Airports across Florida are reminding travelers that the federal mask mandate remains in effect. You are required to wear a mask while in airports and on airplanes. The zero tolerance mandates remain. Anyone refusing to comply could face civil or criminal penalties — airlines continue to remove passengers who won’t mask up.
There is new confusion today now that the CDC has lifted most masking requirements for vaccinated people. Airlines have no way to know who is vaccinated and who isn’t. Absent a vaccine “passport,” there is expectation that mask mandates will continue on planes for several months. The TSA has extended the mandate — for now — through September.
Officials at The Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport are apparently seeing people who believe they can travel without a mask. That prompted this tweet:
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, who Thursday announced “clemency” for anyone fined or otherwise punsihed for mask or social distancing offenses, has no jurisdiction over airports or air travel. Fines can run hundreds of dollars. Airlines have the right to prohibit you from flying.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- One Dead In Delray Beach Shooting
- CLAIM: The Bridge Sober Home Let Client Use Drugs, Die
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Continues To Form, Next Name Is Claudette
- Hyundai GV80 Subject Of Class Action Lawsuit Filed By Boca Raton Attorney
- UPDATE: Boca Raton Resident Shot Guest In Leg
- FAU STUDY: Great Way To Avoid Dying In Car Crash Is Working From Home
- SHOOTING IN BOCA RATON: Police On Scene, Gunman On Loose
- HURRICANE CENTER: Bill To Dissipate, But There’s Another System To Watch
- COPS: Boca Raton Man Hid Cocaine In Vitamin Container