Palm Beach County Shows Dramatic Decline. Broward, Miami-Dade Also Lowering.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The number of people hospitalized with a “primary diagnosis of COVID-19” is at its lowest point in at least a year.
The Florida Agency for Health Care Administration reports that just 139 people in Palm Beach County are currently hospitalized for COVID. While the best number, of course, is zero, 139 appears to be a 12-month low. The number was in the 200’s just weeks ago, and in the 400s as 2021 began.
Broward and Miami-Dade Counties are also heading down. Broward reports 325 people hospitalized for COVID-19. Miami-Dade reports 425. While higher than Palm Beach County, both reports are lower than they have been.
Meantime, the positivity rate in Palm Beach County also remains at a manageable level. Friday’s reported positivity rate was 4.41 percent. It was 4.14 percent on Thursday and 4.39 percent on Wednesday. The Palm Beach County positivity rate has been under 5 percent since May 9th.
The Palm Beach County pediatric positivity rate is holding at 14.6 percent. That represents those testing positive in Palm Beach County under age 18.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TROPICAL STORM SAM FORMS, EXPECTED TO BECOME MAJOR HURRICANE, NOW EAST OF FLORIDA
- Florida Woman Calls 911 To Complain Delray Police Said Don’t Call 911
- MAJOR HURRICANE: Forecasters Expect Fast Strengthening For Storm East Of Florida
- TROPICAL DEPRESSION 18 FORMS, PAY ATTENTION FLORIDA
- Palm Beach County School Board To Discuss New “Quarantine” Rule At Today’s Meeting
- FDLE: Boca Raton Officers Not Yet Cleared In July Shooting
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: 10,000 COVID CASES BY CHRISTMAS?
- HURRICANE CENTER: Another Tropical Depression Expected To Form Today
- POLICE: Boca Raton Man Claimed Girlfriend Had Knife, Pills, So Batters Her To Save Her