BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A drunk dancer at Biergarten in Boca Raton allegedly fell on a woman, causing that woman to sustain critical injuries. That woman is now suing, saying that Biergarten needed to monitor the alcohol intake of its customers, and remove someone who appeared to be drunk.
The lawsuit, just filed in Palm Beach County circuit court, alleges that Maria Garcia was in Biergarten on April 3rd, 2021, when she fell to the ground because “an intoxicated female patron fell on her,” (leading her to be) injured in and about her body and extremities. She suffered pain, emotional handicaps, disability, disfigurement, and required medical and nursing care.
The suit states that Biergarten failed “to provide a safe and secure environment by allowing an intoxicated female patron to remain on the premises, which created a dangerous condition unfit for its patrons and business invitees.”
The suit adds that Biergarten “permitted the dangerous/intoxicated patron to remain for an unreasonable length of time.”
Bars are required by law to monitor alcohol consumption and stop serving people who appear to have consumed too much. Bars face fines, closures, and bartenders face criminal prosecution when patrons are allowed to drive under the influence after being served. Whether an apparent alcohol-related injury IN the bar will lead to action from the State of Florida remains to be seen. This civil action seeks in excess of the statutory minimum — $30,000.
Biergarten is located at 309 Via De Palmas in Boca Raton.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BUSY: Hurricane Center Watching Two Systems
- Major Delays At Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- Sugar Sand Park Playground In Boca Raton To Close
- If Boca Raton’s Ricardo Ogorman Is Your Pot Dealer, Note He’s In Jail
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Developing In Gulf
- AGAIN: Fort Lauderdale Airport Parking Garages Completely Full
- Boca Raton Woman Sues BMW, Says $80K Car Unfixable
- PUBLIX MURDERS: 911 CALLS RELEASED, LISTEN HERE
- Jewish Family Services Crafts New Road Map Following COVID Crisis