Delray Beach Man Slammed By Car, Dies In Front Of Home.
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Delray Beach man is dead following a horrific crash in Gleneagles Country Club where he was struck by a car driven by an allegedly impaired driver. Jeffrey Alexander, 73, was hit with such force in a parking lot that he slid to the front of his nearby residence where he was pronounced dead.
According to the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office, Anita Epstein of Sterling Bridge Blvd. in Delray Beach lost control of her 2015 Honda Sunday afternoon and slammed into a 2018 Jaguar on Loch Katrine Trail in Gleneagles Country Club.
“(The Honda), while being operated erratically,” wrote police, “sideswiped the rear of the Jaguar before continuing south within the parking lot. Immediately after the collision with the Jaguar, Epstein struck the victim, Jeffrey Alexander, as he was walking across the parking lot. During this collision, Alexander was thrown to the pavement where he slid to a stop directly in front of his residence.”
“After colliding with Alexander,” continued police, “Epstein continued south and collided with an unoccupied BMW.”
Her vehicle came to rest after hitting the car.
“Impairment is believed to be a factor in the causation of the collision,” according to PBSO. No charges have been filed. Traffic homicide investigations often continue for a year before charges, if any, are filed.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Casa D’Angelo Boca Raton Warned By Health Inspector
- BODY COUNT GROWS: Florida Loses Another 61 To COVID-19 On Monday
- Boca Bridges Hit By Car Burglars, Latest Along Lyons To Be Targeted
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Threatens To Shoot Girlfriend’s Friend, Is Arrested
- SIRENS: Dead In Tuscany Delray, Trauma At Olympic Heights High, Fire At Walmart
- Now 11,048 COVID-19 Cases Logged In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Man, Walking, Struck And Killed By Vehicle
- LOTUS HIT: Car Stolen, Multiple Cars Burglarized In Community Where Gates Are Left Open
- SIRENS: Animal Bite In Boca Raton, Overdose In Delray, Critical Crash Near Publix