City of Delray Beach Works With FPL To Create New, Free Spaces For Residents, Visitors.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — The City of Delray Beach, in conjunction with FPL, is adding ten new electric vehicle charging stations.
The spots are free to use.
Delray Beach Mayor Shelly Petrolia said it’s all about planning for the future.
“An estimated 18 million electric vehicles are expected be on U.S. roadways by 2030,” said Petrolia. “I am proud of Delray Beach’s commitment to real-world solutions, like free EV charging stations, which will better the lives of our residents and mitigate the environmental challenges ahead.”
Of the new spots, six are located in the Old School Square parking garage, with other spots located at the Delray Beach Tennis Center and on Atlantic Avenue.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PUBLIX MURDERS: 911 CALLS RELEASED, LISTEN HERE
- Jewish Family Services Crafts New Road Map Following COVID Crisis
- This Is The Publix Murderer Who Killed Himself
- Delray Beach’s Alan Firestone Guilty Of Child Pornography Possession
- POLICE: Delray Man Gave Teen Girl Merlot, Beer While Driving Recklessly
- If You See Joseph Schoenberger, Call Boynton Beach Police
- Delray Police Take A Peek, Charge Him With DUI
- SHOOTING IN PUBLIX: PBSO Says Multiple Dead, NOT Active Situation
- White, Jewish Lawyer With Gun, Knife, Claims PBSO Treated Him Like George Floyd