BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Welcome to Hurricane Season 2021. While it doesn’t officially start until June 1st, the National Hurricane Center is already tracking a tropical wave — it has a 40 percent chance of development.
The odds of it affecting South Florida are somewhere between none and less than none, but it’s a reminder that it is never too early to prepare for hurricane season — and anything that it may bring.
From the National Hurricane Center:
“A non-tropical low pressure system is forecast to develop a few hundred miles northeast of Bermuda by tomorrow afternoon and produce gale-force winds. The low is then forecast to move west-southwestward over warmer waters on Friday and could become a short-lived subtropical cyclone over the weekend to the northeast of Bermuda.
The system is expected to move toward the north and northeast into a more hostile environment by Monday. For more information on this system, please see High Seas forecasts issued by the Ocean Prediction Center.”
* Formation chance through 48 hours…low…10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days…medium…40 percent.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID: Ventilator Use Rises As Hospitalizations Fall
- SEEMAN HOLTZ: As Fraud Investigation Continues, Court Assigns Monitor
- Boca Raton Man Charged With DUI, Resisting, Fleeing, More
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Systems Forming East Of Florida Thursday
- WEST BOCA HIGH TEACHER REINSTATED AFTER IMAGE CONTROVERSY
- UPDATE: Seven Bridges Homeowner Turned Off WiFi To Prevent 911 Call After Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID Deaths Back Into 200s For Tuesday
- COVID: 5,000 CASES IN PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS
- HURRICANE CENTER: 90 Percent Chance System Forms East Of Florida