Pro-Palestinian Protestors Also Arrested, One Ripped Israeli Flag From Passing Car.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A lawyer in an Audi-Q5 was arrested by the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office Friday when deputies said he refused to stop honking his horn in an effort to incite the Pro-Palestinian crowd taking part in an anti-Israel protest.
It happened in the 7700 block of Glades Road.
(News app readers access our full report).
According a police report, which we just obtained and have published below, Andrew Marc Klein of Parkland positioned his Audi in a way that was directly visible to the protestors, then continuously honked in an effort to incite the crowd. Klein, identified in the police report as a lawyer — with no religious affiliation — told police he had the right to honk. His honking led to an alleged physical altercation with another protestor — Ameer Shihadeh — who knocked Klein’s cellphone out of his hand. Klein was using his phone to record Shihadeh and the police. Klein demanded that police arrest Shihadeh, which they did. They then arrested Andrew Marc Klein.
Another Pro-Palestinian protester was also arrested at the event when police say he ran through traffic and ripped an Israeli flag from a passing car, throwing it to the ground.
Haithem Saqer, of Sable Ridge Circle in Boca Raton, was apparently just going to receive a ticket for running into traffic, but the altercation escalated and PBSO charged Saqer with resisting arrest.
Klein, Saqer and Shihadeh were all booked into the Palm Beach County Jail and later released on their own recognizance. Read the police reports, below. If they do not appear, use this for access.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- I-95 To Close In Delray Beach This Week, Here’s What You Need To Know
- KINGS POINT DELRAY BEACH: Another Resident Arrested, This Time For DUI
- UPDATE: Man Found Shot On Glades Road In Boca Raton Is Broward Resident
- Popular Atlantic Avenue Delray Beach Restaurant Cited By Health Inspector
- JESUS JAILED BY BOCA RATON POLICE DAYS BEFORE HOLY HOLIDAY
- Broward School District Calendar Changes To Make Up For “Hurricane Days”
- GLADES ROAD CLOSED: MAN SHOT, CRASHES CAR, BUT THERE’S A FLORIDA TWIST…
- REAL ESTATE DISASTER: Palm Beach County New Sales Plummet
- MAJOR DELAYS: I-95 Shut North Of Boynton Beach Due To Crash