Pro-Palestinian Protestors Also Arrested, One Ripped Israeli Flag From Passing Car.
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A lawyer in an Audi-Q5 was arrested by the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office Friday when deputies said he refused to stop honking his horn in an effort to incite the Pro-Palestinian crowd taking part in an anti-Israel protest.
It happened in the 7700 block of Glades Road.
(News app readers access our full report).
According a police report, which we just obtained and have published below, Andrew Marc Klein of Parkland positioned his Audi in a way that was directly visible to the protestors, then continuously honked in an effort to incite the crowd. Klein, identified in the police report as a lawyer — with no religious affiliation — told police he had the right to honk. His honking led to an alleged physical altercation with another protestor — Ameer Shihadeh — who knocked Klein’s cellphone out of his hand. Klein was using his phone to record Shihadeh and the police. Klein demanded that police arrest Shihadeh, which they did. They then arrested Andrew Marc Klein.
Another Pro-Palestinian protester was also arrested at the event when police say he ran through traffic and ripped an Israeli flag from a passing car, throwing it to the ground.
Haithem Saqer, of Sable Ridge Circle in Boca Raton, was apparently just going to receive a ticket for running into traffic, but the altercation escalated and PBSO charged Saqer with resisting arrest.
Klein, Saqer and Shihadeh were all booked into the Palm Beach County Jail and later released on their own recognizance. Read the police reports, below. If they do not appear, use this for access.Klein
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Man Charged In Delray Beach LGBTQ Crosswalk Vandalism
- One Dead In Delray Beach Shooting
- CLAIM: The Bridge Sober Home Let Client Use Drugs, Die
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Continues To Form, Next Name Is Claudette
- Hyundai GV80 Subject Of Class Action Lawsuit Filed By Boca Raton Attorney
- UPDATE: Boca Raton Resident Shot Guest In Leg
- FAU STUDY: Great Way To Avoid Dying In Car Crash Is Working From Home
- SHOOTING IN BOCA RATON: Police On Scene, Gunman On Loose
- HURRICANE CENTER: Bill To Dissipate, But There’s Another System To Watch