Joyce Elish Claims Salon Made Her Sit In A Chair Without “Adequate Room.”
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Boca Raton woman claims she was critically injured at a salon on Glades Road when she tripped on power cords dangling from a hair stylist’s work area.
Joyce Elish, in a lawsuit just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court, says the slip and fall happened at the Jonathan Edwards Salon where she was told to sit in a “small” area to have her hair cut.
From the suit: “Defendant, Jonathan Edwards Salon, Inc., negligently and carelessly instructed Plaintiff, Joyce Elish, to sit in a very small area to have her hair cut, which did not allow her adequate room to safely enter and exit said area. (The Jonathan Edwards Salon) also “failed to assist Elish when she exited the chair so as to ensure that she safely walked across all of the electric cords that were hanging in the area of her walking path.”
The suit adds: “Jonathan Edwards Salon, Inc., negliglently and carelessly placed Plaintiff, Joyce Elish, in a small area to cut her hair which did not allow that chair she was in to fully rotate around so she could safely exit the area and navigate the electric cords.”
The suit alleges that Elish sustained permanent, critical injuries.
Attorneys for Joyce Elish seek in excess of $30,000, the statutory minimum for filing in circuit court. No immediate response was filed by attorneys for the salon.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County Residents Among Many Charged With COVID, Healthcare Fraud
- Still At It: Parents Sue Palm Beach County Schools Over Masks
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Hits Car, Drives Away With Two Flat Tires
- Flying United Airlines Today? Massive Systems Issue Affecting Flights, More
- Two Tropical Depressions Likely To Form Over Weekend Says Hurricane Center
- FLORIDA COVID: Ventilator Use Rises As Hospitalizations Fall
- SEEMAN HOLTZ: As Fraud Investigation Continues, Court Assigns Monitor
- Boca Raton Man Charged With DUI, Resisting, Fleeing, More
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Systems Forming East Of Florida Thursday