Joyce Elish Claims Salon Made Her Sit In A Chair Without “Adequate Room.”
BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Boca Raton woman claims she was critically injured at a salon on Glades Road when she tripped on power cords dangling from a hair stylist’s work area.
Joyce Elish, in a lawsuit just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court, says the slip and fall happened at the Jonathan Edwards Salon where she was told to sit in a “small” area to have her hair cut.
From the suit: “Defendant, Jonathan Edwards Salon, Inc., negligently and carelessly instructed Plaintiff, Joyce Elish, to sit in a very small area to have her hair cut, which did not allow her adequate room to safely enter and exit said area. (The Jonathan Edwards Salon) also “failed to assist Elish when she exited the chair so as to ensure that she safely walked across all of the electric cords that were hanging in the area of her walking path.”
The suit adds: “Jonathan Edwards Salon, Inc., negliglently and carelessly placed Plaintiff, Joyce Elish, in a small area to cut her hair which did not allow that chair she was in to fully rotate around so she could safely exit the area and navigate the electric cords.”
The suit alleges that Elish sustained permanent, critical injuries.
Attorneys for Joyce Elish seek in excess of $30,000, the statutory minimum for filing in circuit court. No immediate response was filed by attorneys for the salon.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TRAFFIC: Roads To Close For July 4th Fireworks, DUI Patrols To Intensify
- BOYNTON BEACH BODY: Police Charge Delray Man With Murder
- Woman Airlifted After Fire At Century Village Boca Raton
- MISSING: This Teen Is Missing, South Florida Police Are Asking For Your Help
- Fatal Stabbing In Broward County, Police Ask For Tips
- KINGS POINT: Another Resident Arrested, This Time For DUI
- TRAVEL: Fewer Delays, Cancelations So Far At South Florida Airports
- WEST BOCA RATON: Cops Rescue Woman, Shoot Man In Head
- Man Severs Hand In Fireworks Accident, Hand, Man Transported To Hospital Separately