BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BROWARD COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — If you are planning to fly out of Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International airport today, give yourself lots of extra time. The airport just reported that all of its parking garages are completely full.
Don’t underestimate the significance of that announcement. We do not believe parking garages ever reached full capacity over many of the holidays pre-COVID. FLL has two parking garages with a significant amount of parking space.
Due to the garages reaching capacity, the airport has opened its overflow lot a 2755 SW 42nd Street in Fort Lauderdale. The daily rate is $10, with a maximum stay of seven days. Your car may be towed at that point.
If you are planning to park in the overflow lot, be sure to bring a credit card. Cash is NOT accepted.
Uber and Lyft continue to operate to and from the airport, but note that pickups are from a very small, centralized location at the airport that is a bit of a hike and often annoyance. Ride share pickups at FLL can often take half an hour — if not more — so keep that in mind if you are opting to avoid the parking issue. The time you save now may be time that you lose when you return home.
Valet parking continues to be closed at FLL.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- WEST BOCA RATON: Cops Rescue Woman, Shoot Man In Head
- Man Severs Hand In Fireworks Accident, Hand, Man Transported To Hospital Separately
- SHOOTING: West Boca Raton Man Accidentally Shoots Self
- TRAVEL TROUBLE: Thousands Of Flights Delayed, Hundreds Canceled As Of Saturday Afternoon
- Fireworks Set For West Boca Raton, Here’s The Information You Need
- LAWSUIT: Encore Boca Raton Care So Poor, Skin Deteriorated
- Woman Allegedly Pours Milk On Man, He Calls Cops, Ends Up In Jail
- TRAVEL MELTDOWN: JetBlue Delays 38 Fort Lauderdale Flights, Spirt 24
- STORM WATCH: Now Two Disturbances Being Watched, Florida Threat Low