BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BROWARD COUNTY, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — Just a day after all parking garages at Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport reached full capacity for the first time in years, the airport reports this morning that the parking situation is returning to normal.
The somewhat surprising closure of all garages when all 8,959 parking spots were occupied led to the emergency opening of the airport’s rarely used overflow lot off property. The lot required use of a shuttle, offered a maximum stay of 7 days, and mandatory payment by credit card.
But as of 9:50 a.m. Sunday, the situation at FLL has apparently stabilized. The airport just announced that the overflow lot is now closed and not accepting new customers. The airport is showing at least 339 available spots, although simultaneously reporting that only 5,499 spots are occupied out of 8,959. It’s unclear how the additional 3000+ spots — not listed as “occupied” or “available” — are being used.
Valet parking at FLL remains closed due to COVID-19. The airport also reminds all visitors that masks are mandatory, over your nose and mouth, throughout all airport locations. Masks also must be worn, over your nose and mouth, during all phases of flight. Law enforcement remains on property to enforce the federal mandate.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Man Severs Hand In Fireworks Accident, Hand, Man Transported To Hospital Separately
- SHOOTING: West Boca Raton Man Accidentally Shoots Self
- TRAVEL TROUBLE: Already 425 Flight Cancelations Saturday Morning
- Fireworks Set For West Boca Raton, Here’s The Information You Need
- LAWSUIT: Encore Boca Raton Care So Poor, Skin Deteriorated
- Woman Allegedly Pours Milk On Man, He Calls Cops, Ends Up In Jail
- TRAVEL MELTDOWN: JetBlue Delays 38 Fort Lauderdale Flights, Spirt 24
- STORM WATCH: Now Two Disturbances Being Watched, Florida Threat Low
- P.F. Chang’s In Boca Raton Cited Again By Health Inspector, Twice In Days