BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Boynton Beach woman allegedly driving at a high rate of speed on Palmetto Park Road ended up being arrested for DUI by the time Boca Raton Police had completed the traffic stop.
Melissa Hasan of NE 7th Street in Boynton was stopped at 12:07 a.m. on Saturday in the 800 block of West Palmetto Park Road — just east of I-95. Tickets reviewed by BocaNewsNow.com show that police, using Dragon Eyes laser, clocked her at 52 miles per hour in a 35 mile per hour zone.
While the affidavit of probable cause continues to be processed early Tuesday morning, a second ticket was issued for DUI. Hasan was arrested on that charge. Her alleged breath alcohol content was not immediately available.
Hasan was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail at 4:06 a.m. on Saturday. She was released at 10 a.m. on her own recognizance. A court date is pending.
Police throughout the area have been engaged in enhanced speeding enforcement around the clock. Palmetto Park Road, between the Mizner Park area and I-95, is often an area targeted by the Boca Raton Police department.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Man, With White Claw Beer, Lunges At Cop
- AIRPORT PARKING: Again, Fort Lauderdale Says Garages Full, Opens Overflow
- CLAUDETTE FORMS: Tropical Storm Battering Coast, Florida In Warning Zone
- NOT CLAUDETTE YET: Hurricane Center Says Storm Growing, But Not Named Yet
- Bonefish Grill Sued After Boca Raton Slip and Fall
- Nearly 4000 Palm Beach School District Students, Staffers, Tested Positive For COVID-19
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed On DUI Charge, “Did What She Pleased”
- TROPICAL STORM WARNING: Florida In Forecast For Latest System
- Man Charged In Delray Beach LGBTQ Crosswalk Vandalism