BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — A Boynton Beach woman allegedly driving at a high rate of speed on Palmetto Park Road ended up being arrested for DUI by the time Boca Raton Police had completed the traffic stop.
Melissa Hasan of NE 7th Street in Boynton was stopped at 12:07 a.m. on Saturday in the 800 block of West Palmetto Park Road — just east of I-95. Tickets reviewed by BocaNewsNow.com show that police, using Dragon Eyes laser, clocked her at 52 miles per hour in a 35 mile per hour zone.
While the affidavit of probable cause continues to be processed early Tuesday morning, a second ticket was issued for DUI. Hasan was arrested on that charge. Her alleged breath alcohol content was not immediately available.
Hasan was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail at 4:06 a.m. on Saturday. She was released at 10 a.m. on her own recognizance. A court date is pending.
Police throughout the area have been engaged in enhanced speeding enforcement around the clock. Palmetto Park Road, between the Mizner Park area and I-95, is often an area targeted by the Boca Raton Police department.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Casa D’Angelo Boca Raton Warned By Health Inspector
- BODY COUNT GROWS: Florida Loses Another 61 To COVID-19 On Monday
- Boca Bridges Hit By Car Burglars, Latest Along Lyons To Be Targeted
- POLICE: Boca Raton Woman Threatens To Shoot Girlfriend’s Friend, Is Arrested
- SIRENS: Dead In Tuscany Delray, Trauma At Olympic Heights High, Fire At Walmart
- Now 11,048 COVID-19 Cases Logged In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Man, Walking, Struck And Killed By Vehicle
- LOTUS HIT: Car Stolen, Multiple Cars Burglarized In Community Where Gates Are Left Open
- SIRENS: Animal Bite In Boca Raton, Overdose In Delray, Critical Crash Near Publix