BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — TD Bank is suing a local produce distributor, saying it owes just shy of $96,000 on a $100,000 loan.
Delray Fresh Wholesale, and owner Shawn Murray, allegedly entered into a agreement with TD Bank for $100,000 back in July of 2017. But Delray Fresh — according to the filing — “dissolved” in 2019, leaving TD Bank without payment. Florida SunBiz, however, shows that Delray Fresh is an active company, with an address of 3416 South Federal Highway in Delray Beach.
Now, TD Bank says it wants its money back. The bank just filed suit in Palm Beach County.
From the suit: “Delray Fresh owes TD Bank the principal sum of $95,810.77 which is due under the Promissory Note, together with accrued interest, default rate interest, costs, expenses and attorneys’ fees.”
Also from the suit: “Delray Fresh has defaulted under the loan documents by failing to make the payment due on April 6, 2020, and all subsequent payments due under the loan documents.”
Murray, on his LinkedIn page, writes, “As someone who has grown up in the retail end of the produce industry I have been learning the different aspects involved since I could remeber (sic). Following my graduation from FAU with my bachlors (sic) in Business Management I decided to start a wholesale produce business. It was slow moving in the first year of business but I have since then been on track of a sales growth 5 folds in the second year.”
Read the complete lawsuit, below.TDBank
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEA AGENTS NAB ADAM RUNSDORF ON WOODFIELD COUNTRY CLUB GOLF COURSE
- AARON SINGERMAN ASKS FOR 20 MONTHS, BUT DID HIS ATTORNEYS MISLEAD?
- SIRENS: Delray Apartment Fire, Trauma At West Boca High, Unconscious At Home Depot Boca
- Mask Mandate Extended For Palm Beach County Schools
- FLORIDA: 57 Die From COVID Thursday, Two From The Flu
- JetBlue Flight Makes Emergency Return To Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- BOCA RUDETON: How Fake Is That ”Service” Dog In The Aisle?
- Boca Raton Teen Charged With Homicide, DUI, Hit And Run
- SIRENS: Car Fire On I-95, Chemical Hazard At Trump’s Mar-A-Lago, Fight In Canyon Isles