BY: STAFF REPORT | BocaNewsNow.com
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Copyright © 2021 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — TD Bank is suing a local produce distributor, saying it owes just shy of $96,000 on a $100,000 loan.
Delray Fresh Wholesale, and owner Shawn Murray, allegedly entered into a agreement with TD Bank for $100,000 back in July of 2017. But Delray Fresh — according to the filing — “dissolved” in 2019, leaving TD Bank without payment. Florida SunBiz, however, shows that Delray Fresh is an active company, with an address of 3416 South Federal Highway in Delray Beach.
Now, TD Bank says it wants its money back. The bank just filed suit in Palm Beach County.
From the suit: “Delray Fresh owes TD Bank the principal sum of $95,810.77 which is due under the Promissory Note, together with accrued interest, default rate interest, costs, expenses and attorneys’ fees.”
Also from the suit: “Delray Fresh has defaulted under the loan documents by failing to make the payment due on April 6, 2020, and all subsequent payments due under the loan documents.”
Murray, on his LinkedIn page, writes, “As someone who has grown up in the retail end of the produce industry I have been learning the different aspects involved since I could remeber (sic). Following my graduation from FAU with my bachlors (sic) in Business Management I decided to start a wholesale produce business. It was slow moving in the first year of business but I have since then been on track of a sales growth 5 folds in the second year.”
Read the complete lawsuit, below.TDBank
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BUSY: Hurricane Center Watching Two Systems
- Major Delays At Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- Sugar Sand Park Playground In Boca Raton To Close
- If Boca Raton’s Ricardo Ogorman Is Your Pot Dealer, Note He’s In Jail
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Developing In Gulf
- AGAIN: Fort Lauderdale Airport Parking Garages Completely Full
- Boca Raton Woman Sues BMW, Says $80K Car Unfixable
- PUBLIX MURDERS: 911 CALLS RELEASED, LISTEN HERE
- Jewish Family Services Crafts New Road Map Following COVID Crisis